PDA

View Full Version : anybody have this happen

scooby8888
12-01-2012, 02:27 AM
hey guys got a strange one.
buddy goes to check his network settings after we changed the latest nfps info system reboots and now he can't get into the network settings to see if it connected, it just keeps saying wait then goes to the last channel he was on. i got him to hard boot a few times and unplug the hub it is seeing it when it reboots but won't let him into the network settings. hmmm new one for me :)
thanks guys

bauzzoo
12-01-2012, 04:58 AM
when you shut it down are you letting it sit for a few minutes and then reboot? when u click menu do you get the pop up screen that allows you to scroll to network settings and does the network adapter show connected on the screen if not check your connection for the hub maybe it is not seeing the net through the hub

sonny75
12-01-2012, 05:24 AM
I am experiencing the same but what I do is a hard reboot then you should be able to access the network settings

Fishbum
12-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Yup.. had that many times... when ever you exit Network settings always always select "Yes" to save, even if you have not changed any thing. If you select "No" and then exit.. this is when this problem happens I have learned and is a bugger to fix.
I found the only way to fix it is to do a factory default, reload all files, even the HD-2028.bin file..
re due all your settings and re scan. Next time you will remember to always select "Yes"

scooby8888
12-01-2012, 01:41 PM
ok it was a friend that did it. he thought he hit reset network but he didn't. i will tell him these suggestions and i'm assuming i will have to do what fishbum has seggested as a last resort lol. i think i'm in for a half hour phone talking lol.
thanks guys