PDA

View Full Version : Sonicview 8000HD boot problems

PurpleRider
12-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Been hashed before but with a difference.

Only get 2 green lights and the fan to come on with rear power switch and the visual response to the remote being pressed.

No display

Tried 3 known good power supplies (all work in 2nd unit) & every known force flash to comport flash. Comport flash brings unit up immediately after flash, but reboot back to zero.

With everything hooked up as it would be used, I get these voltages on the power plug to MB.
2.3 (on/off)
gnd
gnd

The only low one is the 27.5v should be 30v (should be okay).

At times on 24 hrs no boot.
At times will boot in 20-30 minutes, never shows boot, just magically shows channel.

Once booted have 18v on H & 13v on V.

Have 2 units so I can compare them. The one not working has a very hot ATSC tuner (it takes about 20 min. to heat up to uncomfortable touch, metal cover gets to 140f) indicating a shorted device possibly affecting the MB in some way. I am not using the over the OTA tuner so I can disable it by cutting power to the unit.

My problem is that while I am very knowledgeable about circuits my eyes are becoming very weak. I don't want to muck around as I will inadvertently do more harm. If there is a easy interruption such as cutting input power to the tuner via cutting a trace on the circuit bd.

If someone has any knowledge about this would greatly appreciate a photo with trace or component circled.