PDA

View Full Version : No network connection on sv8000

jperri22
03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I did everything. (factory reset)system clean)Main software hd 22e)wiznet shows version 4.12)the lights are on ,on the hub ,Red,yellow)hub works on my other sv8000) But no network connection, Please help Thanks

ramrod
03-06-2013, 05:56 PM
"hub works on my other sv8000" meaning you had connection and watched tv but hub with different sv8000 doesn't work?
no connection means your server is down or you have one letter/number wrong in your network settings.

jperri22
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
No you got me wrong one receiver i`m talk about do not shows the network connected (MENU Install
Reset receiver
Network setting ,is not present

It's Jafo
03-06-2013, 10:21 PM
If the dongle is not seen by the box or on the network, "Network settings" will not show in the menu.
Do you get the "Adapter connected" message at start up? I'll bet you don't.
Unhook the dongle for now.
Try loading the system clean file a couple of times followed by the factory bin and then the latest file.
Reconnect the dongle and reboot the box.With luck, it will see the dongle.
If still nothing and you confirmed the dongle is working, test the rs232 port on the box for power.

jperri22
03-07-2013, 05:40 AM
I did all this.i do not get the "Adapter connected" message at start up.When i plug the dongle on the back of the receiver i see the red, end yellow,light on.Can you tel me how to test the sr232 , and how to find it and test the c19 where is located, can you send a picture,
Thanks Jafo for your time because in Vancouver where i live, no one repair them if not in Toronto or Montreal

cheff
03-07-2013, 06:03 AM
if u still have lights on the hub it's a good sign, Try to use wiznet and see if u can correct it. Read up on how to use wiznet.

It's Jafo
03-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Lights are a good thing and show the rs232 port is most likely working fine.A solid green and flashing amber is what your looking for.
The cap issues deal with the power supply and that's not your problem either.
It sounds more like a networking issue than anything.
Reconnect the dongle and follow this how to:
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119735-Easy-I-hub-upgrade-and-V82-fix

Make sure your connected straight to your computer lan port and report what you find out.

:)

ramrod
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
No you got me wrong one receiver i`m talk about do not shows the network connected (MENU Install
Reset receiver
Network setting ,is not present

No i do not got you wrong. YOU said "hub works on my other sv8000".

It's Jafo
03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Also... confirm your using this file:
http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=16263&d=1348508504

jperri22
03-08-2013, 12:09 AM
I did ever things you ask for >Nothing
Open wiznet and I'm getting "not connected" message.Info on wiznet is:
config tool ver.2.1.0
version 4.12 not connected
DHCP
everything below grey out
server IP 0.0.0.0 port 1920
mixed
use dns dns server IP 192.168.1.254
Tried to load older and than newer but still can't get that working.Tried to upgrade wiznet to ver. 2.2 ( not sure if that is necessarily )won't let me do it.
Anything else I need to try ?
Thanks for any input.

It's Jafo
03-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Okay... I'm a bit confused.
You open wiz and hit "Search" and you do get a response ? Yes ?
Your response includes the box that shows "Not Connected" in the top right corner ? Yes ? If true, that is completely normal.
Your also showing that your set to "Dhcp" and that your showing version 4.12 ? Yes ? 4.12 is a higher "upgrade" than 2.2 hence the reason the dongle protected itself and wouldn't let you "roll Back" to 2.2 . There is another process for that.Careful what you do or you risk "Bricking" the dongle and getting version 82 or 82.9 showing.
You tried to "Upload" the 2.2 hub file with Wiz and got the "Failed to upload" message ? Yes ?
If the above is true and your seeing this info in the Wiz program, there is much hope.Don't quit now...
Open a dos window...
Type "Ipconfig/all" and hit enter.
Note the gateway and subnet of your network.These are not ip's you need to worry about hiding so feel free to post all.
Go back to Wiz and change your setting to "Static".
For local ip... use your gateway but make the last number .25 (ex: 192.168.1.25)
Enter the ip of your gateway and subnet.
Sever ip: 0.0.0.0
Both ports to "0"
Check "Mixed mode"
Click "Settings" to save the info to the dongle.
See my screen shot....
Shut down the box from the rear and hook back into your network and reboot the box.
With luck, you will have "Network settings" in the menu and the info you entered in Wiz will show in the network settings menu.
Huhhhhh..... Let us know :)

juancho
03-08-2013, 01:03 AM
from this use what you need, (compare wiznet setting)
Tested Fixes for the iHub
c&p buttman 302

Here are two Known and Tested Fixes for the iHub..

One is used when your iHub is connected to your Home Network (Router)

The other is for a Direct Cable Connection.. (iHub is connected to computer LAN port)

There is also another - use at your own risk - method given for loading or testing what appears (or you have written off) to be a "DEAD" iHub..

Some of us know a bad power supply, poor ground or connection can also cause iHub issues on the SV

For XP Operating System
1) Start > Control Panel > Network Connections >
2) Right Click on Local Area Connection and select properties
3) Double Click Internet protocol (TCP/IP)
4) Select - Alternate Configuration tab and Select - “User Configured”
5) Enter – IP address 192.168.11.52, subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.11.1
6) Exit and reboot computer
7) Put receiver in standby mode - run wiznet and it should find the iHub
8) Upload iHub version 1.9 then reboot receiver
9) Go into Receivers Menu > Installation > ipconfig
10) Set to DHCP
11) Enter serial number and hit apply
12) Reboot receiver - you should be good to go...
If so, now go back thru steps 1-4 this time select “Automatic private IP address” and reboot your computer
For Vista and Windows 7 Operating System 1) Start > Control panel > Network and Sharing Center >
2) Under Tasks Pane - Manage Network Connections >
3) Right Click - Local Area Connection >
4) Properties > Highlight - Internet Protocol Version (IPv4)
5) Select Properties Button >
6) Click Alternate Configuration Tab > Select - “User Configured”
7) Enter – IP address 192.168.11.52, subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.11.1
8) Exit and reboot computer
9) Put receiver in standby mode - run wiznet and it should find the iHub
10) Upload iHub version 1.9 then reboot receiver
11) Go into Receivers Menu > Installation > ipconfig
12) Set to DHCP
13) Enter serial number and hit apply
14) Reboot receiver - You should be good to go...
If so, now go back thru steps 1-6 this time select “Automatic private IP address” and reboot your computer
If you have tried the above and feel you have what appears to be a dead iHub
Kinda think you are one of the many who have written off the iHub as being "blown"
Putting voltage to it cannot do any more harm. Right? 1) Remove the non-responding iHub from the receiver
2) Rig up a 9 volt battery to Pin 4 (+) and Protective Ground (-)
Note: The Ethernet lights on the IHUB immediately lit up
3) Open the Wiznet tool and hit search, it should immediately up came the iHub info
4) Update to iHub 1.9 5) Remove Battery Attachment and Reconnect iHub to receiver

How To - Change the default iHub IP Address to match your home network.
This will work as long as you have a router and you have a working iHub (one that lights up).
1) Connect iHub to receiver
2) Turn Main Power switch on, but leave power off from the front panel (so that only the time is displayed)
3) Connect Ethernet cable from iHub to Ethernet port on router
4) Open Wiznet and press the "Search" button.. As long as you get some sort of iHub information you are OK. Do not close WIZNET.
5) Go into your start menu, click "RUN" - type "CMD" hit enter - type 'ipconfig"
6) Go into WIZNET and make sure that "Static" is checked
7) Set the "Subnet and Gateway” to match the settings of your home network attained using the “cmd – ipconfig” above in step 5.
Here is an example of your Wiznet settings:
Local IP: 192.168.1.120
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Port: 1920
Operation Mode: Mixed
USE DNS: is checked!!!
DNS SERVER IP: (DNS Server IP - is automatically populate from your service provider)

7) Set a valid (unused) IP address for the iHub using the "Local IP" of 192.168.1. ***
Examples: (192.168.1.120) (192.168.1.130) (192.168.1.140)
7a) Click on the "Setting" button - if it gives you an error, click "Setting" again until it processes.
7b) Click on the "Upload" button – Browse to the iHub1.9 file - You should instantly notice it "Processing".
7c) If you get a "Failed to Upload" message - Go back to step 7
8) Once it says Completed, close Wiznet, Reopen Wiznet, Hit search, you should now see the new 1.9 version. Select DHCP, Hit settings and once processed, Exit Wiznet
9) Turn On the receiver, Load newest receiver file - Setup your "ipconfig" with iHub serial number - Setup your "Dish Settings" - Setup your other "settings" - watch TV..
Load v4.92 (from 12/29/2009) this fie is for enter serial #
3. Menu>IpConfig>verify and enter serial number

It's Jafo
03-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Most of those are very old instructions and I wouldn't advise using much of it.
Whenever you see the suggestion to hook 9 volts to your 5.5 volt dongle, it's BS.Avoid that for sure.
The last part is about the only part I would advise looking at and it's the same thing I suggested already.

Again... careful what you do or you risk "Bricking" the dongle. It's okay, if it gets FUBAR you can send it to me to fix.I do it for free.

jperri22
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Jafo check your P Message

jperri22
03-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Hey Jafo nothing If you find a better way let me know Thanks for everthing

It's Jafo
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Bummed to hear that.
I'll search some more and see if anything shows up.
If you find a fix...be sure to let us know.
If you have the cable, you might try the desktop loader as a last resort.
Actually, a last resort would be to clone from your good box.With nothing to lose, why not.

jperri22
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
i tried to clone but the software do`t transfer .to try from the desktop i need a loader, and i cannot find one,i have the cable

It's Jafo
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Get the loader here:
http://www.satfix.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=16257&d=1348484846

jperri22
03-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Jafo nothing i did everything you asked for, the only thing is if i can get a main board, if you know any one, let me know.
Thanks lots. John

It's Jafo
03-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Wish I had more ideas for you.
For now... I'm tapped out.
Sorry I don't have more for ya.

:(

Pipeyg
04-09-2013, 07:08 AM
hi jperri22 if you live in vancouver i have a guy, he can fix for you for 35 dollar. pm i have the information

polosj
04-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Did you said that the Hub you have can see the networking tab on other SV8000 receiver?? If you can see the Networking tab on other receiver, then IT IS NOT your HUB is the problem. It is the SV8000. You need to do this from begining.

1) Unhook the HUB out first when do all this until at the end.
2) factory reset (2x) then System Clean File (2x) and reboot from the back
3) put in factory ROM 101; and reboot from the back
4 put in HD20 Bin , factory reset , reboot from the back. Load channel list bin if you have one (I did with the Oct8 2010 file) original with all transporter, rebooted
5) hook up HUB and power up and see if you have Networking tab.

First time did not get back the Networking tab. I redo everything again and got it working. Good luck

Rxman
04-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Is HD20 bin the bin SonicView 8000 HD users should be using?
I'm confused w HD22 2028 and 514(something) floating around out there.
I need a little clarification.

It's Jafo
04-11-2013, 10:13 AM
The current file is the HD22-2028 file.
514 is only used for those wishing to revert back to Ihub.