PDA

View Full Version : My SV8000HD is acting weird and unusable

Bowhunters
03-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Hello

I've been a member on here for years and done a ton of reading and I have never read of any receiver doing this before.

My SV8K had worked great up until just a few days ago, I figured it was not working because of the recent ECM's however I went ahead and changed to the new server IP info and after rebooting I found that it had reverted back to my old info - port, donation number and server.

I've reloaded the new info and rebooted and it dumps back to the old port and IP over and over and DNS always fails.

I then did a complete reload from base factory file, cleaning file, etc. up to present and it still dumps back to the old Donation number and old server info.

Anyone out there seen this before?

Thanks

Fishbum
03-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Like wise have not come across that before either... When in Network settings always select Yes to save apon exit. At the top of Network settings you can scroll to different pages,
private server 1,2,3,4 ect.. are you entering your new info on say private server 2 page ?
What file are you using? are you using the HD20-2028 file??
Have you tried to re set your modem and router? plug modem back in let it boot up, then turn on router let it boot up, then turn on your receiver.. worth a try.
Also try to run wiznet program on your computer see if it can find your hub.. might be an issue with your hub?
Like with any issue.. need to try to find the problem before we can fix it..
have to revert to trial and error some times...
Has your receiver other issues as well? Could be a sign your power board is going?
-Try disconnecting the coax line to the receiver and re booting see if it still does it...
-Try rebooting the receiver with out the hub plugged in and then plugging in the hub after and try..
-Some times the hub comes loose from the serial port connection, make sure its seated in good.
-Are the two lights on, on the hub?
-Check the network lines plugs between the hub and router

Bowhunters
03-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the quick replys Noof and Fishbum.

Yes I save the info and I am using the 2028 file and I had already disconnected and reconnected the coax and internet connections yesterday when troubleshooting.

Here's what is weird today, I left it unplugged overnight and today I tried it again loading software, loaded sats, loaded and saved the Port and IP, and today it is working normaly and it connected and I am watching tv.

So its working for now and this is resolved, might be a sign of bad things in the future though. I have a limeware Ultra that I may dust off and get ready just in case.

Thanks again