PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this problem with an Ihub?

ontariotl
09-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Today I was playing around with the PVR function with a USB stick. Weird thing is after I played back the recorded feed, I went back to a channel and it was all black. I thought that was strange when I just recorded a feed from a channel and my donation was connected.

So I check the network settings and it says it isn't connected. So i rebooted. Came back and still no connection, so I let it sit there and finally after 5 mins my picture is back on. Ok, so I thought I would check my network settings again and sure enough it says it is not connected (but yet I have a feed), so I get out of the network settings, the feed plays for a bit then craps out because it believes there is no server connected. This is getting really weird. I even try a wizlink and same results. I thought my receiver was toast, and yet annoying when all of a sudden it picks up the feed and I have connection (even though I go into network settings and it say otherwise)

Since I have two SV8K's, I thought I would hook it up. Sure enough, both original ihub and wizlink see the server immediately when I go into network settings. However the same thing happened to this receiver when I put in a USB stick and played back the recording from the 1st SV8k. Played fine, then exited which brought me to a blank channel and no connection. Now I can't connect immediately with this receiver like the 1st one.

Just seems like it will connect to the server, but it takes a long time from a hard boot, soft boot it connects immediately. This wasnt a problem until I recorded something and played back off a USB stick. And when I connect eventually, if I go check the network settings, its almost like I disturb it and it disconnects for a few mins again. thats the best I can describe it.

Any idea's? Any help would be appreciated.

It's Jafo
09-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Your not alone.
Anytime you access the usb port, you disconnect from the server and that requires a reconnect when you exit the usb port.
For me, some services connect back pretty fast. A couple of others need a reconnect in the Network settings menu to get back on.... or it can be a few minute wait for the connection to be made on it's own.
On a rare occasion, I too have had a connection but see "Connect fail" in the menu.
These are just quirks with the box that you will learn over time.
You could also save your channel list to your usb stick.
Load the "system clean" file a couple of times.
Load the "factory bin" file followed by the current file for the box.
Reload your channel list and see if it helped with the issue.

:)

It's Jafo
09-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Always happy to help.
Glad it worked for you and that your viewing as you should.

:)

smailb
09-26-2013, 04:18 PM
next time turn off the receiver from the back disconnect the flash drive (USB) stik and turn your receiver back

Today I was playing around with the PVR function with a USB stick. Weird thing is after I played back the recorded feed, I went back to a channel and it was all black. I thought that was strange when I just recorded a feed from a channel and my donation was connected.

So I check the network settings and it says it isn't connected. So i rebooted. Came back and still no connection, so I let it sit there and finally after 5 mins my picture is back on. Ok, so I thought I would check my network settings again and sure enough it says it is not connected (but yet I have a feed), so I get out of the network settings, the feed plays for a bit then craps out because it believes there is no server connected. This is getting really weird. I even try a wizlink and same results. I thought my receiver was toast, and yet annoying when all of a sudden it picks up the feed and I have connection (even though I go into network settings and it say otherwise)

Since I have two SV8K's, I thought I would hook it up. Sure enough, both original ihub and wizlink see the server immediately when I go into network settings. However the same thing happened to this receiver when I put in a USB stick and played back the recording from the 1st SV8k. Played fine, then exited which brought me to a blank channel and no connection. Now I can't connect immediately with this receiver like the 1st one.

Just seems like it will connect to the server, but it takes a long time from a hard boot, soft boot it connects immediately. This wasnt a problem until I recorded something and played back off a USB stick. And when I connect eventually, if I go check the network settings, its almost like I disturb it and it disconnects for a few mins again. thats the best I can describe it.

Any idea's? Any help would be appreciated.