PDA

View Full Version : SV8K Power Issue

edgarr
02-18-2014, 11:41 AM
I have a SV8000 HD that does not power up,I took a power supply from a working unit and connected it but
still does not power up,the green light on main board comes on but unit still does not power up,anyone know what else to look at

Longster
02-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Open the top and check the capacitor C-10, sounds like it blow out, go to radio shack and buy a new capacitor, only a few dollars and easy fix.

edgarr
02-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Open the top and check the capacitor C-10, sounds like it blow out, go to radio shack and buy a new capacitor, only a few dollars and easy fix.

I already said that i exchanged the power supply with one from a WORKING receiver so i know that it is NOT the power supply
Also have removed the 8psk and sat feed but still does not power up

skywalker999
02-18-2014, 10:24 PM
did you try to boot using via usb memory stick with only system clean file in it search the forum sticky on how to revive via the usb port :yes::noidea:

edgarr
02-18-2014, 10:40 PM
did you try to boot using via usb memory stick with only system clean file in it search the forum sticky on how to revive via the usb port :yes::noidea:

I have not found the sticky for that yet (do you have a link you can give me?)Also i am going to see if i can use the loader with
system clean file and see if that will revive it
Thanks

Sp0iler
02-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Format the stick.
Copy the factory bin file to the stick.
Insert the stick and and reboot the box while pressing the "Menu" button on the box.
Hold the button for a few seconds to start the box in "Usb mode" or "Force mode" (same thing).
Use the buttons on the box to navigate to and load the file.
When it's done loading, reboot as normal and hope it starts.
If it does, load the current file for the box and redo your sat settings and scan for channels.
Let us know how it goes.

Good luck,
Sp0iler

edgarr
02-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Format the stick.
Copy the factory bin file to the stick.
Insert the stick and and reboot the box while pressing the "Menu" button on the box.
Hold the button for a few seconds to start the box in "Usb mode" or "Force mode" (same thing).
Use the buttons on the box to navigate to and load the file.
When it's done loading, reboot as normal and hope it starts.
If it does, load the current file for the box and redo your sat settings and scan for channels.
Let us know how it goes.

Good luck,
Sp0iler
Thanks bro
This sounds like the best advice yet and i will certainly try it and report back results,although i may not
have a chance to try before the weekend,(unfortunatly work always gets in the way)

bigbird
02-19-2014, 01:21 PM
I ran into the same issue. No power with working PS. No display, or output through HDMI. Force load is not an option. I think the main board is fried.

bigbird

bigbird
02-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Update. Left the box plugged in and on and 10 minutes later it fired up. Have no clue as to what the issue may be. All voltages check off the power supply.

bigbird