PDA

View Full Version : Weather Issue FIXED! Say goodbye to Glendale, California!

chasek77
05-21-2015, 04:47 PM
The weather on version 16r2 and on other versions would constantly come up as Glendale, California, which was very irritating if you did not live in Glendale, California. I posted previously If anyone could fix this on another site and was told to just turn the service off through Admin/Configuration/Weather Setup/Enable set to off.

I found out a way how to fix this, so you can set it to whatever city that you live in, thus making life a little better for all. How did I do this? Like anything else in life it's all trial and error, but because this and other forums has been so good to me I wanted to share with others my solution.

You need to have the XBMC 1.0 loaded on your box. When you do go to the weather settings and type in your city and state. When you do this it gives you a code below, which you need to write down. I live in Houston, so I typed in Houston, Texas. It came up with the following code USTX0617. Write this down.

1) Go into Putty and type in for username - "root", and for password - "captive", then type in "rwroot"
2) Load the WinSCP app and go to root/captive/config/weather and click on the weather.properties file
3) Change the name to your city, comma, space, state, comma, space, United States
4) Change your id to what you wrote down from the XBMC 1.0 weather setup "USTX0617"
5) Leave unit to f, which is for farenheit and leave frequency to .5 for every 5 minutes to check the weather temp
6) Make sure enabled is set to yes.
7) Save the file in the upper left area
8) Go back to Putty and type in "roroot" and close down putty and WinSCP and reboot your CW4000 through your remote control and when you boot back up it shows Houston! See the picture enclosed!

name=Houston, Texas, United States
id=USTX0617
unit=captive.weather.unit.f
frequency=captive.weather.frequency.5
enabled=yes