Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setup for 110/119/129 & 82/91

ThaDraGun Guest

Default Setup for 110/119/129 & 82/91

I need some help setting up my satellites. I havent had satellite in over a year and want to get back into the game. I moved to a new house so I have to start from scratch setting up and aiming. I was hoping someone had a diagram or something that could show the connections. My old house all I had was 110 so this is going to be a bit more complicated.
    I have a bunch of satellite equipment, just dont what to use to get all signals on one receiver.

I have:

SonicView 8000HD with iHub or whatever you call it now.

DN 1000.2 Dish
    Power Inserter

BEV Dish with both lnbs

SW44 Switch
    Bunch of DiSEqC switches that came with my receivers
    A couple 22KHZ switches

I also have other dishes but I want to just use these two.

Thanks

Glatt Guest

Easy to have mutiple sats
    Attached Images Attached Images

ThaDraGun Guest

thanks but regular satellite dishes look bad enough. Ive done it like that before when I lived in a condo, didnt care about my yard etc. Now I own a nice house and those setups look like crap, no offence. Thats why I bought the dishes that the satelltes were meant for. No mods to the brackets or lnbs needed. I just dont what to use to connect it all together.

edgarr Guest

You can add the bev 91 or 82 sat. to the lnb input terminal of the 1000.2, It is your choice as to what one you add.
    Then run one output from the 1000.2 lnb to the 0 khz. side of a 22 khz controlled switch, Then run the other bev line you did not use to the port 1 of a diseqc switch,and the output from there to the 22 khz. side of your 22 khz, controlled switch.
    In your receiver settings you will set 119 to port 1 with 22 khz to OFF. 110 to port 2 with 22 khz. to OFF.
    129 to port 3 with 22 khz. to OFF.
    The bev that you connected to the input of the 1000.2 lnb will be set to port 4 with 22 khz.to OFF.
    The other bev sat. connected to the 22 khz side of controlled switch will be set to PORT1 with 22 khz. set to the ON position.

yunedub Guest

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    You can add the bev 91 or 82 sat. to the lnb input terminal of the 1000.2, It is your choice as to what one you add.
    Then run one output from the 1000.2 lnb to the 0 khz. side of a 22 khz controlled switch, Then run the other bev line you did not use to the port 1 of a diseqc switch,and the output from there to the 22 khz. side of your 22 khz, controlled switch.
    In your receiver settings you will set 119 to port 1 with 22 khz to OFF. 110 to port 2 with 22 khz. to OFF.
    The bev that you connected to the input of the 1000.2 lnb will be set to port 4 with 22 khz.to OFF.
    The other bev sat. connected to the 22 khz side of controlled switch will be set to PORT1 with 22 khz. set to the ON position.
    Not that I doubt you, but I haven't read a clear response on how to setup a 1000.2 with 82/91 until yours. Is your method confirmed to work? I'm looking to run the same setup so if anyone can confirm this it would be great.

edgarr Guest

My setup has been working perfect for 6 months now,And I have 3 stb`s running off this set up.

You probably know that your power inserter MUST be connected to port 1 on the 1000.2 lnb.
    Also I have added sats 72.7 and 61.5 to the external 4x1 diseqc switch along with 82 but you can add any sats you like to ports 2,3,4 on switch and all will be set to 22khz ON in stb settings.

yunedub Guest

Awesome thats good news

ottid142 Guest

The one important thing to point out is that for this to work you have to have a DPP LNB connected to Port 4 of thew 1000.2. It will not work if you use Legacy or Standard LNBs.

edgarr Guest

I am sorry to say your wrong because I have a standard LNB connected to port 4 of 1000.2 lnb and it works perfect,The only thing to remember is STB lnb type settings for 119,110,129 have to be OCS-DP with freq.11250 And the lnb connected to port 4 set to lnb type standard or single with freq.11250.

This is very important,Please remember to shut down and unplug your STB prior to connecting or disconnecting any coax cables if you want to save your switches and LNBs

f2air045 Guest

Where to buy that bracket

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

I am sorry to say your wrong because I have a standard LNB connected to port 4 of 1000.2 lnb and it works perfect,The only thing to remember is STB lnb type settings for 119,110,129 have to be OCS-DP with freq.11250 And the lnb connected to port 4 set to lnb type standard or single with freq.11250.

This is very important,Please remember to shut down and unplug your STB prior to connecting or disconnecting any coax cables if you want to save your switches and LNBs
    FYI:
    According to Dish (Echo *) engineering, it has to be a DP, DPP or equivalent LNB on that input port, not all LNB's will work on that input, a legacy type LNB will not work, nor will a universal LNB, some standard LNB's use dish type output protocol.

If it will work on port #4 of a DPP44 switch then it will work with the 3 headed LNB for the Dish 1000.2 setup.

More on this LNB can be found here.
    Code:
    http://www.firststrikemeters.com/docs/Quick_Facts_-_DISH_1000-2.pdf
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

ThaDraGun Guest

I'm getting kind of confused here. I think the bev lnbs are legacy type. Some say BEV, some say DN but they all look the same. So your telling me these lnb wont work?

I still havent had the time to hook everything up yet. Gotta figure out how Im getting the cable line into the house. Just wondering how the power inserter gets hooked up? With the power inserter does it mean I will have 2 lines going into the house... or does the inserter just go in between the receiver and the dish using only 1 line.
    Last edited by ThaDraGun; 05-07-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Glatt Guest

pm me for ne plus ultra ball joint bracket!

ottid142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
    I'm getting kind of confused here. I think the bev lnbs are legacy type. Some say BEV, some say DN but they all look the same. So your telling me these lnb wont work?

I still havent had the time to hook everything up yet. Gotta figure out how Im getting the cable line into the house. Just wondering how the power inserter gets hooked up? With the power inserter does it mean I will have 2 lines going into the house... or does the inserter just go in between the receiver and the dish using only 1 line.
    Most older Bev LNBS are Legacy, however in the last year or two Bev has started using DP and DPP LNBS. Their use seems to be kinda hit and miss with what appears to be the installers getting rid of old stock whenever they can.
    With regards to the power inserter It should be on its own coax as it is not recommended to connect an FTA receiver to the inserter.

ThaDraGun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ottid142 View Post
    Most older Bev LNBS are Legacy, however in the last year or two Bev has started using DP and DPP LNBS. Their use seems to be kinda hit and miss with what appears to be the installers getting rid of old stock whenever they can.
    With regards to the power inserter It should be on its own coax as it is not recommended to connect an FTA receiver to the inserter.
    Ok so if two separate lines are needed, would it be ok to leave the power inserter outside (as long as it was out of the rain/snow) or will it not survive cold temperatures? I'm just trying to see if there are any other ways to do it without making two holes in the side of the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast