Thread: JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR - has arrived

aquariusone Guest

Default JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR - has arrived

With his TKO victory against Olympic champ Andy Lee, Chavez Jr. has dispelled all doubts that he is a "protected" boxer; that his "undefeated record" was carefully orchestrated. Not anymore.

This fight proves he is a real champion. He has incredible strength and a durable chin. Andy Lee's face bore evidence of Chavez's devastating left and right hooks and uppercuts.

Laurence Cole stopped the fight to save Andy Lee from further damage.

NOW, the possibility of a Chavez/Martinez fight is much closer.

rokko Guest

good fight--chavez got a good chin and a lot of power

d3athrac3r Guest

i like his power but they really need to make him box more imo. but i doubt he would listen.
    i really dont know why andy lee decided to start fighting at chavez style, he had first few rounds won
    with his jab at a distance. i cant wait to see chavez jr fight again most of his shots were power shots.
    anyone else notice his dad kiss him on the lips? sorry just had to mention it.

aquariusone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d3athrac3r View Post
    i like his power but they really need to make him box more imo. but i doubt he would listen.
    i really dont know why andy lee decided to start fighting at chavez style, he had first few rounds won
    with his jab at a distance. i cant wait to see chavez jr fight again most of his shots were power shots.
    anyone else notice his dad kiss him on the lips? sorry just had to mention it.
    Ah, it's father's day!

Freddie Roach has done a marvelous job in shaping Chavez. Someone in the broadcast boot put it this way: Roach is "polishing a diamond". Lee had a 2.5 inch reach advantage and indeed, he was doing quite well from the outside and should have kept the fight there but..... junior has a terrific chin, too, and he just kept coming - showed great deal of confidence.

soulman Guest

Chavez is the real deal. He is an awesome body puncher, has a great chin and he is will conditioned. I don't believe that Martinez should be in a hurry to take him on. Chavez will give him the same treatment he gave Andy Lee.

rudee Guest

Good marks for Jr. all around... he did a great job... should be a big challenge for Sergio.. if he can catch
    Sergio.. Sergio runs like a Greyhound til yer tongue is hanging out.... then he moves in for the kill.
    Jr. wayyy bigger than Sergio... if Jr can take Sergio's big blows late in the fight he will win.
    In my opinion Jr still takes way too many blows to really last long in this business..
    Antonio M. is proof of this. So is Rosario my old Puerto Rican champ.... Meldrick Taylor another.. many more.
    The blows catch up with you.
    High marks for Jr though.

The Cobra Guest

Jr is making quite a showing...liked pretty much everything I see from him so far. Let the learning curve of experience begin and take over the brashness of youth.

gallo_negro Guest

Man I missed the fight, totally forgot about it. Im going to have to see based on what you guys are stating.

aquariusone Guest

What was remarkable was his patience during the 1st 2 rounds trying to figure out how to penetrate Lee's defense. That is a sign of a smart boxer. Martinez will have his toughest test.

Chigaro Guest

I don't think we need to call him Jr anymore, he's turned into a man right before us over the last few fights. I remembered his earlier fights where he had the body of a high school kid. No longer.

He won't be long at middleweight, so I want to see him fight Martinez soon. It was an impressive fight and I loved the way he studied him like Aqua said, got in, then worked the body as good as anyone I've seen in a long time.

He's got lots of potential and may be the fighter I really want to watch from now on. Sorry Manny and Floyd, move over, there's a new PPV king coming.

rudee Guest

Ha ha ha... i write JR so i don't have to spell out his name.... just a shortcut... like i call you chig...
    He is very entertaining... don't think Sergio wants too much of him.
    Just too big and strong for him... unless he runs him to death... like he did the two Brits.

Chigaro Guest

rudee, that's a good idea, calling him JR would save me 5 keystrokes, haha.

I never really saw his dad fight too much, but I have to say, I love the way JR fights. It's exciting and I have to say it's a perfect time for boxing to have a young new superstar with all the bad judging and terrible decisions. No decisions with JR, always go for that KO if you can get it, the way it has to be now in boxing.

KIDWCKED is offline Visiting Dignitary/Satfix 2021 NFL week 1 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,425x in 4,579 Posts
    Items Some beerMartini
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM from hedley
Gift received at 11-13-2013, 11:18 PM from thebeav
Gift received at 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM from ICEMAN

He definatley fought in tight with more power and speed than i have seen in the past..Martinez needs a challenge.Perhaps Jr is just that.
    [KIDWICKED]..;/

aquariusone Guest

The only reason why Martinez was calling out Pacquiao is in order to get in on a big payday! Well, this time, he will get his wish. JR against Martinez would be a great PPV match. Sergio is sleek and moves well (although sometimes it is just plain "hotdogging") but JR is extremely patient and very cool. It will be one heck of a fight where Martinez would not be the favorite.

el chido Guest

He ain't No JR. in My Books No More!!....He Totally shut Me up with this performance with pee test or not!!...Cojones and Knowledge has made a mark on Him, and Roach ain't got nothing to do with It, IMO!!
    The Kid's Got What It Takes, and My Up most Respects!!