Thread: Another - How to rq-sssp in a router.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 205x in 122 Posts

Default Another - How to rq-sssp in a router.

Yes

Another - How to rq-sssp in a router. This one based on the Assus tutorial for rq-ECHO-client. I made this because like this forum there are rules that prohibit to talk about D I S H - i r d mods. So I took that original tutorial and moded to reflects rq-SSSP CLIENT.

Please note that rq-sssp was given to us in many (architectural) flavors. If you look in the readme
    Code:
    	- File descriptions:
    		- rq-sssp-client-readme.txt - This file.
    		- rq-sssp-client.ppc - Binary for PowerPC boxes (Dreambox DM500, DM600, 
    		  DM7000, DM7020, Triple Dragon and DGStation boxes).
    		- rq-sssp-client.mips - Binary for MIPS boxes (Dreambox DM800HD and DM8000HD).
    		- rq-sssp-client.st40 - Binary for ST40 boxes (Kathrein UFS 910/IPBOX 9000HD).
    		- rq-sssp-client.x86 - Binary for Linux i386 PC's.
    		- rq-sssp-client.exe - Binary for Windows (WIN32).
    		- rq-sssp-client.bcm947xx - Binary for WRT54G and compatible linux routers.
    		- rq-sssp-client.conf - Configuration file. All versions.

and some that are not described in that part of the readme
    		- rq-sssp-client.beagle
    		- rq-sssp-client.plug
    		- rq-sssp-client.openwrt-ar231x
    So my tutorial is based using TP - L1nk 703N router.
    Code:
      Feature
        *Atheros AR7240 CPU (400Mhz)
        *Atheros AR9331 Chipset (integrated wireless)
        *802.11 b/g/n 150Mbps (130Mbps real)
        *wireless power output 20dBm - 100mW
        *4 MB flash memory
        *32 MB RAM
        *USB 2.0 port (High-Speed only, use an external High-Speed hub for Full/Low-Speed devices)
        *Powered via micro-USB socket
        *Tiny form factor: 5.7cm x 5.7cm x 1.8cm
    So As you see there are binaries for a bunch of architectures. Mine is AR7XX but due to similarities we can use rq-sssp-client.openwrt-ar231x. I am saying this for the benefit of those that may use bcmXXX instead.

One last thing. On December 2012 a new firmware of 703N was released. This new 703N do not work very well with OpenWr7. No official release has been provided jet for this problem. But there is an unofficial beta release that resolve the problems temporary. So I you plan to buy a new 703N be sure that is V1.5 or previous. Or at least you need to use the beta realize. You been warn.

4 MB flash memory
    I colored this because this is the only sad part on this device. It only has 4 megs. So we need to be careful what we loading do not over pass that line.

Hoping it will help.

We are in the TESTING business. So what I present you is in the "Test at your own risk" License agreement. Like any other software downloaded from the web I recommend you to at least test for viruses.