Thread: bev. on freesat

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 20 Posts

Default bev. on freesat

is anybody using bev with freesat,mine is not coming in,no picture just says scrambled channel but it says i am
    connected and signal says 90% but quality says 20% i live in central canada so signal should not be a problem,i
    even coverted my freesat to an i-link with the same results,i'm just wondering if the freesat is for dishnet only and
    bev,

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 327x in 203 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-10-2012, 09:44 PM from Just_angel

quality is everything.
    you can connect but not watch tv if quality is not 50% but more like 70% or higher.
    Any Information I Offer Is Retrieved From Simple Interweb And Or Satfix Searches That Anyone Is Capable Of.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yappapi For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 20 Posts

when i put it on tp scan signal shows 98% and quality 99%but when i want to scan sats it goes back to signal jumps back and forth
    between 40% and98% and quality stays at 20%,it works good on my sonicview 360p both dishnet and bev,its only the freesat that
    i'm having problems with,

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 76x in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turtlen View Post
    is anybody using bev with freesat,mine is not coming in,no picture just says scrambled channel but it says i am
    connected and signal says 90% but quality says 20% i live in central canada so signal should not be a problem,i
    even coverted my freesat to an i-link with the same results,i'm just wondering if the freesat is for dishnet only and
    bev,
    My friend has the same problem getting BEV, it shows server is connected but NO PICTURE. Seems to me this box has a problem connecting to BEV. I should say that BEV did come in ONCE but the neighbor switched back to DISH then could not connect back to BEV. Also should point out that he tried multiple servers.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 20 Posts

yes i know bev did come in once then after that its gone,maybe they the freesat coders should come out with a file to address the
    bev problem,

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 20 Posts

i think i have it fixed,on my receiver anyway,first i put Freesat_HD_6_feb 24 then scanned sats 119,110 and bev then put in info,
    then i put in Freesat_HD_8_Aug.28_img did a data reset put in info then first scanned 91 bev put to channel 1200 then after awhile it came in the picture i mean then did the same with 119,and 110,hope this helps others, oh by the way i am using the sk200
    i haven't tried it with the sk900,
    Last edited by turtlen; 02-21-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 76x in 33 Posts

i think i have it fixed,on my receiver anyway,first i put Freesat_HD_6_feb 24 then scanned sats 119,110 and bev then put in info,
    then i put in Freesat_HD_8_Aug.28_img did a data reset put in info then first scanned 91 bev put to channel 1200 then after awhile it came in the picture i mean then did the same with 119,and 110,hope this helps others, oh by the way i am using the sk200
    I'll tell my neighbor to try it and see if he gets a picture. Don't know why FREESAT hasn't come out with a new update for this problem.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joem1947 View Post
    I'll tell my neighbor to try it and see if he gets a picture. Don't know why FREESAT hasn't come out with a new update for this problem.
    As long as u have good sig.& q. it works fine I used bev on my freesat for several months. You may have to play with turning servers on and off or have same server on 2 connections and turning one or the other off & on . I had to also edit some of my Hor. TP's to get the signal Q up. Edit the TP's up to bring in ex. 12337 edit to 12338 check for sig & Q if none keep going up so next would be 12339 etc....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cheff For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 76x in 33 Posts

I now see where it says that the HD 6 FEB 24TH file is to fix some BEV issues, so i guess this file must be loaded before you put in the latest file.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 76x in 33 Posts

My neighbor has tried everything including using THREE different BEV servers, they all say connect but no picture. DISH connects instantly with no problem. Wish that FREESAT would address this problem. Just in case someone suggests settings are wrong, the FREE CHANNEL comes in perfect (channel 1195). Any suggestions would be appreciated but i must tell you he has tried everything.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 20 Posts

after yesterdays ecm i lost all channels,it does say connected but no picture,it only worked for a day,so i guess we will have to
    wait for freesat to address the bev problem,

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 76x in 33 Posts

after yesterdays ecm i lost all channels,it does say connected but no picture,it only worked for a day,so i guess we will have to
    wait for freesat to address the bev problem,
    Looks as though we will have a long wait for FREESAT to address any problem. It seems they have done nothing to improve this box.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joem1947 View Post
    Looks as though we will have a long wait for FREESAT to address any problem. It seems they have done nothing to improve this box.
    Mine works with no problems do u have a cooling fan on yours It will over heat from time to time. Like I said in earlier post you have to tweek with server connection add same server for connections 1 & 2 re establish your connections by turning either 1 or 2 off until you get good green connection to server. The PVR still needs improvement. other than that it's solid unit.

Nfusion HD, Sonicview 8000, Freesat 800.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 20 Posts

yes it works,here's what i did on mine,first do a data reset then set your time etc.after that is done then you go to edit tp/satellite
    then manage tp then nimiq 1/ku then modify tp then start from 1 2224 put all to auto then save and server 1 should be open
    then you can input your info for dishnet and bev,but after you put all your info turn them all off until you finish scanning,after scanning is complete then you can open server 2 bev and it should open channels,hope this helps

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 76x in 33 Posts

If your looking to do BEV save yourself some headaches and DON'T BUY A FREESAT, until they address the BEV issue. If it's just for DISH then your fine no problem.