Thread: Sheila Ann

pandr is offline VIP/Irwin Tools Night Race Nascar Pool Winner
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 679x in 213 Posts
    Items Rosetreasure chestTreasureRepRainbow
Gift received at 10-11-2012, 06:08 PM from Just_angel
Gift received at 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM from JCO
Message: Heres a beer, and its not admiting gult for raiding the VIP fridge..

Quote Originally Posted by hutch View Post
    even though it makes you sad that shes gone...memories will bring you back to visit again & again as long as you let them
    It was like twins, but not. Two years between ages, but it was like we were joined. Who finishes your sentences? lol

"How 'bout unabashedley balling your eyes out? " Alanis Morrisette

This was posted on Facebook by my Neice. My daughter sent it to me as I am not there.
    Made me weepy as well.

Since you don't have FACEBOOK I thought you might like to read Chantal's tribute. I have to be honest and say that up until I read it I was sad, but hadn't shed a tear. This made me cry, and when I reread it I cry again. Pretty ****ty to lose somebody you love. XO

The long goodbye
    October 10, 2013 at 5:52pm
    On a cold snowy day almost two years ago, I sat with my mother for over an hour trying to convince her to go to the hospital. After being in emergency just under an hour, I wondered if she would ever see the outside of the building again. After a few long, tiring weeks, run in total Sheila style - "We'll see, maybe I'll take that, maybe I won't, it's my decision so you can all just **** off" - they decided that if she was that darn fiesty they'd best send her home.
    For nearly two years we have had the precious 'borrowed time' so many never get the chance to have. We got one last really hillarious family Christmas. I got a hand knit hot tub hat to keep the top of my head and my ears warm - with bonus tassles. If you didn't see the picture maybe dad will post it again, it's awesome. She made us 50 different desserts and appetizers and light and dark christmas cake. But no icing, she didn't have time for that **** this year lol. We had a last birthday with her, got to give her one last special momento or gift to bring her comfort and ease her day. We talked about the things that mattered, we laughed about the things that didn't. We asked the questions about the things we wanted to know and had her tell us stories we wanted to hear one last time. We talked about her plans and how she wanted things done.
    She made us all mitts, and slippers, and embroidered quilt squares with a speed that would make Martha Stewart look lazy. She embroidered favourite sayings to be framed and wrote out recipes for us. And for all the kids who didn't have moms, or means, she knit bags and bags of mitts and slippers for the IODE Christmas Mitten Tree. She made us all one last favourite birthday cake and made our favourite meals when we visited.
    We all took time to visit in our own time and way. I can personally tell you I got the first part of a three part knitting lesson, so I can now knit you a left handed thumbless half mitt
    At the precipice of this journey, today I did the easiest and the hardest thing in my life all at once. I held her hand and was there for her as she said 'until we meet again' and slipped silently from us to see her own first of two incredible mothers and her father. As I held her hand I reflected on how incredibly similar our hands have been for years, right down to the freckles. At first I thought that I would never hold her hand again. For most of the day it has saddened me, in fact.
    Tonight I find great peace in remembering that it is really only just the last time until we meet again.
    I love you mom and I will see you again, when it's time.

Patience Is A Virtue

Try Some Mindless Games

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 595x in 272 Posts
    Items Some beerPopcorn
Gift received at 12-15-2013, 08:19 PM from thebeav

Sorry for your Loss Pandr Thoughts and Prayers are with You and Youyr Family May She R.I.P.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holly2012 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12