Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello guys i need help for coolsat 5000

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

I'm sorry, but the source code is available for coolsats and you are having trouble with CAID?---are you bothering to think for yourselves at ALL? I know that is flaming, but really...

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676x in 1,512 Posts
    Items USACrown RoyalDishFootballbeerBirdImmunity to TheftMexico

friend with your coolsat 5k you can get true fta channels all you need its a 33 to 39 inch dish and linear lnd,and you can pointed to galaxy 19 at 97.w theres a couple of hundred channels on that sat mostly international channels on kuband on that sat,but you can also get cband depending in your area with a 6 to 12 feet dish....

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the source code is available for coolsats and you are having trouble with CAID?---are you bothering to think for yourselves at ALL? I know that is flaming, but really...
    There is NO caid fix for Coolsats 4000, 5000,and 6000.
    If you know of one, by all means.....post it!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I don't do IKS, so I've had no reason to work on it--if you do do IKS then you have a reason to do so. Why don't you work on the problem? I would be glad to help out, but I teach to fish as a rule.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

BTW, did you know that the Viewsats are up because hobby coders used the coolsat source code to figure out how to get them up?--that they use coolsat's format for IKS? As I see it, anyone that uses Viewsat for IKS is obligated to pay it back.
    On the other hand, since coolsat source code is out there, the owners of the boxes have a BIG leg up on other testers--they should be at the head of the pack as testers, why are they not? The methods to use have been posted over and over--for Viewsat, pansat, sonicview and others. There should be little confusion on what you need to do and how to do it--you just have to read and do a little testing. Dump RAM, disassemble code, make a few mods and you figure it out--not that hard. Rather than spit in the face of those that have been there and done that, use the work and effort as a guide and learn something!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

And as a follow up, I don't see that the DN stream has changed. As far as I can tell, it should work just fine. It would send 1816 as the CAID, but if you need something like 1840 then that would be easy to do with CaID remap feature of the client. I can't see the northern prov, but I would guess that the comments on a CaID problem are not real.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jvvh5897 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 35x in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    And as a follow up, I don't see that the DN stream has changed. As far as I can tell, it should work just fine. It would send 1816 as the CAID, but if you need something like 1840 then that would be easy to do with CaID remap feature of the client. I can't see the northern prov, but I would guess that the comments on a CaID problem are not real.

You are correct about the northern provider. The CAID remap option in rq-sssp config works perfectly and takes about 5 second to edit accordingly. The config even shows an example of how to edit the CAID if I remember correctly.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 151x in 89 Posts

i am surprised that nobody has tried to mode the coolsat 8100HD to do iks hand i got one collecting dust in the closet but if it's can not jtag to revive that stb then i don't want to waste a perfectly good machine just to do iks but i got it t sheep on ebay do
    Last edited by skywalker999; 11-23-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12