Thread: sv 8000 pvr

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts

Default sv 8000 pvr

does anyone know how to convert files recorded on the external hard drive of the sv 8000 so i can play them on a PlayStation 3

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 380x in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcoh1 View Post
    does anyone know how to convert files recorded on the external hard drive of the sv 8000 so i can play them on a PlayStation 3
    I have not done it in years, so my memory might be a little off... You will need an old prog called nullpacketstripper.jar and another prog called TSRemux. You need nullpacketstripper to strip the proprietary provider packets from the stream and to join the TS files together. If they are big HD files there may be 5 TS files in the folder which will have to be renamed in order for the stream to join together. You will have to do some reading. After you remux the joined file in TSRemux, you will have to transcode the transport stream using TMPGenc, handbrake, megui or Mediacoder into an MP4 or MKV. If the files you want to use are SD, it will not take long, but if they are HD, a 2-pass transcode will take awhile. Hopefully your comp has an i7, because it takes a lot of horsepower to transcode HD.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 14x in 12 Posts

That's pain if you combine the files to one big file,you can use hauppauge rocket pvr to record programs to MP4(h.264) directly,much more easier and the MP4 format works everywhere perfectly.