Thread: Amazon fire tv stb emulator install

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,318x in 450 Posts

Default Amazon fire tv stb emulator install

STB Emulator Install

Use at your own risk

c/p

You will need the following to successfully load your fire tv stick with the STB Emulator:

1) Fire TV Stick - obviously
    2)A computer on the same network with the firestick
    3)A bluetooth device capable of emulating a mouse - I'm using my old Vizio tablet.
    4)Beverage of choice *optional*

Files needed (use my best friend google to locate them)

1) adbfire115 (too many problems with any other versions)
    2)STB Emulator 0.5.21.apk (use the latest when performing these steps)
    3)MX Player 1.7.37.apk (use the latest......)
    4)WuKong Remote (needed later when applying initial settings in STB Emulator with bluetooth mouse emulator)

Preparing the Fire TV Stick for sideloading:

Fire stick should be installed to an HDMI port on the TV - you will have to allow the introduction video to play before you proceed with steps that follow.
    1)Scroll down to settings on the firestick and then over to system>developer options and then hit enter.
    2)Change ADB debugging from off to on and do the same for Apps from Unknown Sources and then hit the back button - curved arrow button on the remote that came with the firestick - once and then move up to "about" and hit enter.
    3)Move down to "network" and write down the IP Address that's assigned to the firestick. You can hit the back button until you're back at the home screen and sit your remote down for now.

At your Computer:

1)Extract adbfire, MX Player.apk, and STB Emulator.apk that you downloaded to desktop. Makes it easy to access these files during sideloads.
    2)In the adbfire folder, double click on the adbfire.exe file to launch the app. A message will pop-up about the latest version, but just hit no for now.
    3)In the "Device address" field, input the IP address that you wrote down earlier, as instructed. If you forgot to write the address down, drink some of your beverage of choice and head back to the tv and complete my first set of instructions.
    4)Hit connect and you should see the status at the bottom of the app change from "device not connected to "device connected".
    5)Hit the "Install APK" button and then scroll up or down to desktop - remember this is where we placed our downloaded documents.
    6)Choose the STB Emulator.apk file and hit ok to start the side load process. It will take a few seconds and should alert you when successfully installed.
    7)Hit the :Install APK" button again and select the MX Player.apk. We have successfully loaded the necessary files.

At the Mouse Emulator

1) Go to the google play store and download WuKong Remote to your device.
    2) Sit the device aside, but not too far.

Back to the tv and firestick menu:
    1)Scroll back down to settings>then to applications>and then to manage all installed applications.
    2)Scroll down to STB Emulator and hit enter>launch application. Allow it load - beverage time.
    3)Grab that tablet that you loaded WuKong on and hit the "search for devices" button and allow the firestick to be discovered. It came back listed as "smart TV" in my search.
    4)There are options at the top of the WuKong app on the tablet to allow toggling between classical module, gestures module, mouse module, and keyboard module. Choose mouse module.
    5)Move the cursor near the top right of the screen near where the time and date is located and tap once and a four icons should appear.
    6)Tap on the first of the four - the icon looks like an equalizer or volume indicators for, like your computer. You'll know it when it pops-up.
    7)Once I've selected that settings button - equalizer/volume look alike - I use the remote that came with the firestick to enter everything else, so sit that tablet down and use your firestick remote.
    8)Scroll down to profiles>test portal>STB Model and hit enter. It should be defaulted to MAG 250, but if not, select it.
    9)Next go to portal settings>portal URL>and hit enter and a keyboard will pop-up.
    10)Enter the http://SERVICE PROVIDER and then next and then ok.
    11)Hit back button and then go to screen resolution and make certain that it's set to what you prefer. Left it at 1280X720.
    12)Go to MAC-address and hit enter. Again hit enter and a keyboard will appear. Change the last six digits of that MAC address to something that you probably could remember later if needed. I used the last six of my social, so it should look like this - 00:1A:79:XX:XX:XX. Of course, the x's are the six numbers that you choose. Hit ok and get that beverage of choice again.
    13)Exit out by hitting the back button.
    14)While on the main screen and on the TV icon in STB Emulator, hit the button on the firestick remote that looks like three lines. A menu should appear with exit, profile, media player, subtitles, and audio language as your choices.
    15)Go to media player>scroll down to external player and hit enter. An information box will pop-up to tell you that you must restart your application in order for the settings to apply. Go ahead and hit "exit" and you can hit the home button (button that looks like a house on the firestick remote) then go to settings>applications>manage all installed applications. Scroll down to STB Emulator and launch it.
    16)Once loaded, you should be on the main screen on the TV icon. Select all and get that beverage of choice.
    17)ENJOY!!!!

update: When you select a station for the first time, a menu will pop-up asking you to choose an app to stream the video. Select MX Player and choose "always".

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maird57 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494x in 807 Posts
    Items Vintage carCheckered FlagCanadaElephant 2RepMedalMartiniDish

Thanks Maird57 - never played with a Fire Stick yet - so going to give it a whirl on a private server.
    I have lots of beverages on hand LOL

I see in this thread: http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?...ight=firestick that Zombola recommended adbfw202b.zip. Have you tried this version - or should I just stick with the 115 version?

Can I just use a smartphone for the Bluetooth mouse emulator?
    Last edited by jedi; 09-26-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    NipPEr Is a diSh liCkeR!
    4e697050457220497320612062755474206c69436b655221

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

This thread is 18 months old .....loading a stick is much easier now with many options. firedl /ES /downloader/ and more .You dont need a mouse.....adb current files are major improvements yet they all work for side loading.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Thanks Mr Hanky - I followed Maird's instructions and got it done - but it was a lot of work.
    NipPEr Is a diSh liCkeR!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 135x in 75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Thanks Mr Hanky - I followed Maird's instructions and got it done - but it was a lot of work.
    check your skype for the easiest way
    install the MFTV apk file.
    goto settings, then profiles, and select my fishtv.
    then go down to "digitalstb configuration" and send me the mac address that you see on that page.
    it's that easy.
    bitcoin address
    3HGZasB2iuqkeBNUQRVZAhhpgp5Z9C8q1u
    litecoin
    3Dweyfb5i2KqLAvVP5vKcz8XWGbhMoncuJ

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MFTV For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MFTV View Post
    check your skype for the easiest way
    install the MFTV apk file.
    goto settings, then profiles, and select my fishtv.
    then go down to "digitalstb configuration" and send me the mac address that you see on that page.
    it's that easy.
    Thanks for all the help MFTV and Mr Hanky - I'm finally starting to understand these Firesticks a little better. They are not bad - but I still miss a full remote. MFTV showed me how to use Downloader and ES and I tried the Firedl but it must have been down today - as soon as I opened it it shut down within 5 seconds.

MFTV got me going with some Stalker servers and so far have been running great. These Firesticks are pretty cheap but very versatile and I can see why they have a lot of followers.
    NipPEr Is a diSh liCkeR!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 779x in 342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Thanks for all the help MFTV and Mr Hanky - I'm finally starting to understand these Firesticks a little better. They are not bad - but I still miss a full remote. MFTV showed me how to use Downloader and ES and I tried the Firedl but it must have been down today - as soon as I opened it it shut down within 5 seconds.

MFTV got me going with some Stalker servers and so far have been running great. These Firesticks are pretty cheap but very versatile and I can see why they have a lot of followers.
    There great for traveling... does the server you have allow you to remove locks with the firestick keyboard .I have found only one server that does have amazon access. Ok2 does have keyboard and utube access to open up more options.We should see the new version 3 4K sticks later this month. The amazon tv box looks cheap and chopped down ...no usb,sd slot or Ethernet connection . I share the same about the remotes lack of buttons.....but way better then most....not having to be a sniper aiming with it.