Thread: Boom Boom Mancini on GGG's Win (good read, if anybody is reading here)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,109x in 1,179 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM from Fibroso
Message: So you can take a couple of shots the night of the main event. cfheersbeer
Gift received at 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM from Fibroso
Gift received at 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM from Fibroso

Default Boom Boom Mancini on GGG's Win (good read, if anybody is reading here)

Boom Boom, what you think bout GGG's ko win Saturday?

"He showed what he's been showing...not that he's a perfect fighter but I'm tellin' ya, his footwork, his balance is as close to perfect as you can get right now. His timing, his selection of shots, he's hitting guys at the right places, he's systematically breaking them down. And I haven't seen a fighter do that in years.

"The thing that makes him so great is not that he hits so hard, which he does, it's that his balance is impeccable. He's never out of position. Nobody is better at cutting off the ring than Golovkin right now. "

On what he thinks about a fight between Golovkin and Canelo:

"Well first of all I think it's a great fight, that's the fight everyone has been waiting for...I just hope it don't get screwed up, I hope that Oscar De La Hoya doesn't start doing the okie doke and change plans...If [Canelo] beats Khan I want to hear him say 'I want Golovkin,' because I ain't heard him say that. Golovkin has been saying that but I ain't heard Canelo say that.

"Look, it's a great fight, it's the best fight out there to be made, don't deprive the fans...Don't let your promoter, your managers, get in the way..."

On who he would give the advantage to:

"I think Golovkin is the best fighter there is right now...If Gennady stays in front of him that benefits Canelo because, I've met him, he's built like a linebacker, he's so strong, but if you give Canelo a little movement it throws him off...Gennady's gonna give him movement, I don't know if it's gonna be a lot of movement but it's just enough to throw him off.

"But I think it's gonna be a firefight...I like Golovkin, I think he's a better fighter, I give him the advantage to win the fight but if he stands with him and goes toe-to-toe, which it will happen eventually, too much pride in both guys, then I don't know. But let it happen, I just hope Golden Boy doesn't screw this up, they don't start backtracking, and just let the fight happen."

On the weight issue being the main roadblock to making the fight happen:

"Canelo, why don't you take off the dress?! No seriously, quit making demands. If you're gonna say your the middleweight champ...you can stay at 154-155, let him weigh what he wants, and then fight him. When Ray Ronbinson moved up to fight Jake Lomatta, Ray Robinson weighed 148lbs. He didn't move up. Those days are gone. These catchweights are crap. If you say you're gonna fight for the middleweight title, then fight for the middleweight title. Let him weigh what he wants, and you weigh what you want, and fight for the title!

"You know what the difference between 154 and 160lbs is? Two glasses of water. That's all. When a fighter is dried up, you drink two glasses of water and now you've put on five pounds. That's all it is. It ain't got nothing to do with nothing - it's two glasses of water.

"...you heard what Gennady said, he called him out. If you start [demanding] catchweights you got 20,000 that are gonna boo you out of the joint. Just be the champion that you are, step up, whatever weight you want to come in, let him be at the weight he wants to come in, and boom, make the fight happen."

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rudee For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Mayweather unusually quiet after GGG`s disposal of Ward LMAO..........Right now THE fight would indeed be Canelo if and when he beats Khan. Mayweather will never fight GGG....GGG would drop Mayweather inside of 4 rnds.... no matter how much PBF tried to run he couldn`t find anywhere safe.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063x in 2,101 Posts
    Items A BeerNASCARYing & yangWhiskey
Gift received at 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM from KIDWCKED

I want to see this fight, the sooner the better. Floyd can't fight GGG, he's to smart and to strong. Don't see Floyd out in 4 rounds, I feel PBF could show him how to box for a while, age and physical strength will catch up to him in the late rounds. Lets see Canelo take him, then we can make a better prediction. Good read indeed,rudee

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fibroso For This Useful Post:

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

My take... First Canelo will knock Khan out.... The GGG will knock Canelo out... He is just too strong... BTW Cobra you know how I feel about PBF... (hate his guts...lol) But he would probably beat GGG as he (PBF) is the best defensive fighter I ever saw...And GGG is just too slow for PBF.. JMO........

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Condor For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,197x in 4,712 Posts
    Items Ying & yangRepCheckered FlagGolfCrown RoyalFootballGreeceCanada

Now Now ,,, give the dude some well deserved credit ,, after all the dick is 49-0 .....
    for the haters ,, who think that he runs ,,, take a good look below

NO ONE gets to hold all that hardware from running to catch it,, or steal it !!! LOL
    All that Hardware is earned my friends ....

If and only IF,, Mayweather takes a GGG's fight .... it will be because he spent hours
    studying tape to the point where he found the weakness and the entry point.

If the dude takes the fight ,,, it's because he has devised a winning plan.

Count on a win ,, whether pretty or not ..... (probably not so pretty) but still a win!!
    Last edited by TLG; 05-02-2016 at 08:28 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TLG For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,109x in 1,179 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM from Fibroso
Message: So you can take a couple of shots the night of the main event. cfheersbeer
Gift received at 04-19-2013, 11:50 PM from Fibroso
Gift received at 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM from Fibroso

I don't see anyone beating GGG at this time... would take many blows to beat him, all he has
    to do is hit you once... most guys walk in already beaten when they face him.
    As Lampley said,, Canelo wants no part of him... Canelo likes little guys like Khan.. (which is a total mismatch)
    Khan just looking for a payday...
    I would like GGG over Floyd M. easy... father time and GGG aggression would do him in. (my opinion)
    Someone in this division has to grow some testicles and fight GGG..most guys have to change
    drawers twice before they step in the ring with this guy..
    I know Manny would,,, if he was bigger.. too small.
    But Manny does have huevos on him.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rudee For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,093x in 3,592 Posts
    Items Vintage truck
Gift received at 01-14-2016, 04:33 AM from Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    My take... First Canelo will knock Khan out.... The GGG will knock Canelo out... He is just too strong... BTW Cobra you know how I feel about PBF... (hate his guts...lol) But he would probably beat GGG as he (PBF) is the best defensive fighter I ever saw...And GGG is just too slow for PBF.. JMO........
    WAS the best defensive fighter I ever saw as well.........WAS is the key word. Maybe, maybe PBF could defend well enough to last 5 or 6 maybe......after that age and the relentless pounding would take it`s toll leading to an abrupt end. At least that`s what I`m thinking.