Thread: trouble again with north

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 11 Posts

Default trouble again with north

I have both north and south, south has no hickups besides when it goes down..but north only happens with 82w
    only chans that come in are the (V) polarity the (h) wont tune in!! few days ago I could go to the (h) chans turn the T5 off and back on and it would work..

Any ideas what the cause maybe? my south can switch from v to h no problem, I'm really starting do no like these cheaply made receivers lol

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

is your system grounded?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 17x in 11 Posts

No it's not..u thinking that could be the cause? Is there a how 2 in the form? No clue how to ground it

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,328x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Here is a copy and paste You can also google how to for some diagrams

c and p

Grounding:

In an electrical system, ground loop refers to a current, generally unwanted, in a conductor connecting two points that are supposed to be at the same potential, that is, ground, but are actually at different potentials. Ground loops can be detrimental to the intended operation of the system.

Low current wiring is particularly susceptible to ground loops. If two pieces of audio equipment are plugged into different power outlets, there will often be a difference in their respective ground potentials. If a signal is passed from one to the other via an unbalanced connection, this potential difference causes a spurious current to flow through the cables.

How to properly ground your system:

1. Attach the grounding block(s) where all cables can be attached, so grounding point will be common for all the receivers in your system. You may have to use anchors, togglers, or wood screws depending on the surface on which you are mounting the grounding block.

2. Route the coaxial cable and ground wire to the grounding block. If the ground wire is not isolated then ceramic isolators should be used to route it. Different reference grounds to different LNBs, switches, and receivers in the sytem, can be accommodated by tying these references to a common point (in plain English: use a common ground for all your devices).

3. Make a 3"- 5" drip loop using cable clips at the grounding block. This will prevent water from running into the connection at the grounding block.

(see attached image loop.jpg)

4. Secure the ground wire to the grounding block with the screw.

5. Route the grounding wire from the grounding block to the central building ground, and connect to the central building ground or service pole.

NOTE:This is info I found at another site!Hopefully it will explain a little better and help to answer questions members may have concerning this.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949x in 826 Posts

Here is a picture.

ground a dish.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benney For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949x in 826 Posts

But if you got it to work by flipping channels or rebooting I would be blaming the LNB for that sat.