Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECM's - some questions on technicality

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

If EMM's are included in the CW every 16 secs IKS server responds then it is further challenge.

However can substitute a valid EMM that is not being used for IKS.

Condor is offline Jr Admin/Satfix 2016 Football Pool - Week 10 & Week 15 Champ
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,837x in 5,629 Posts
    Items Mexico
Gift received at 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM from hedley
Gift received at 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM from darlinkat
HugsUSA
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM from ICEMAN
Gift received at 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM from clarkBENT

Quote Originally Posted by mars25 View Post
    Is it a general statement or implication there was a C/P in my OP. If it is an accusation or implication of a C/P in my OP then please identify the source.
    You are just so serious... Did u see my "Lol" in there.......

The only thing I am afraid of is what I am capable of

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    You are just so serious... Did u see my "Lol" in there.......
    OK I will try to be clownish LOL

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494x in 807 Posts
    Items Vintage carCheckered FlagCanadaElephant 2RepMedalMartiniDish

How does it know the card ID since there is no response to the broadcast signal? It is a one way broadcast communication
    If you read the rest of my post - I said I didn't think Charlie was using the Card or Receiver ID to kill the cards.
    In your post you said "then by Charlie subscribing to that IKS service, know the card id which could be embedded in the control word but not used, correlate card id to telephone number and disable that seeder card"
    I was simply pointing out that if they somehow did know the card ID (CAID) then they wouldn't need the phone number - they would already have all of that information in their database.
    Some people believe they were sending out phoney CWs that Charlie could use to identify the CAID of all seeder cards and to protect against this that we could use two different cards for each Control Word then compare them to see if the Control Words were the same - if they weren't the same the server would toss them out as being a phoney CW request and response. Work was done on this in FSLB and also Bowman's CSP load balancer but it didn't seem to help.

If there are multiple cards on the account, some cards may not be on the receiver at the time they broadcast killer codes, then it is not impacted. However not sure for a) how many cards at a time they broadcast killer codes b) how long they do broadcast c) broadcast in single channel identified for that card or in multiple channel. It is an assumption that seeders have all cards in the same account, they are smarter than that -most likely in different accounts
    Most seeders would have 6 cards/receivers per account with different sets of channel packages. After a bit of experimenting the seeders learned that as soon as they put a subscribed card in a card server it could be marked - if it processed control words for even one IKS receiver they somehow marked it and eventually killed it.
    If you are running a big server loaded with channels there is a bit of an art to setting up the subscribed accounts so that you get the most bang for your buck. For example you would need two Arab cards to get all the Arab channels, two Hindi cards to get all Hindi channels - then maybe a subscription with Malaylam, Gujarati and Bangla on one card to pick up those channels. The Smart Pack was a cheap package to pick up a lot of channels for little money - but you would still need some subscriptions with TOP200 to get the regional sports channels and one card with America's Everything to get the channels that only that package had. The premium movie channels could be added to the cheaper Smart Packages. Other international packages are required for all the other ethnic channels a server offers.

You can't do everything on one account - you would need multiple accounts. If your name was Charlie Smith and you set up an account and ordered a subscription for PlayBoy, Hindi, Greek and Bangla - they would probably red flag it for investigation. Your channel selection should make sense to them.

They have shut down a lot of accounts by doing investigative work - checking addresses, emails, phone numbers, credit cards, ISP account logins, etc. - but the type of card kill I am talking about is a card killing ECM.

If Charlie did know the ID of just one card - they would know it was a phoney account and just shut down every card and receiver in that account. That is not what they were doing with a card killing ECM - they were not shutting the cards down they were killing all cards that had ever been in a card server and it was a permanet kill with no way to bring them back.

If a card was ever in a card server - you may have had it sitting on your desk at the time of a card killing ECM - it didn't matter if you waited two or 3 days to make sure the ECM was gone before you inserted your card in its original receiver - as soon as you put it in - it was dead. It didn't matter how long you waited - you could leave it out for two months and then call Charlie and have them rehit the card - it was dead and even they couldn't revive it.

When they have a card killing ECM they do every card - they don't do them in batches - every card is hit at the same time.

Some IKS server questions regarding seeder cards.

If they broadcast card ID's, they will have to suppress the display for every receiver except for that particular card ID, which means they know the card ID, they kill it instead.

There is no backward communication to track frequent channel changes. It is a total misconception, unless charlie uses a reverse communication over wireless networks, similar to home security monitoring which uses wireless either as primary or back up in case a thief has cut your phone lines.
    Why would they have to suppress the display of all legitimate receivers? Charlie could send out a command to every card to flash its Card ID as part of the control word on the screen at midnight - it could be in the form of a watermark or something that only Charlie could read - it would just be an unrecognizable flash on the screen to everybody else.
    Let's say Charlie has purchased 300 subscriptions for NFPS IKS server and 300 NFPS IPTV service and sets it up on 300 IKS receivers and 300 IPTV receivers that have PVR feature and tunes each receiver to a different channel - at midnight they freeze the screen of everyone of these receivers and sees which Card ID is providing the control words for that channelj or is providing the IPTV stream. Once they know the card ID they can shut down every card/receiver that is part of that account.
    I'm not saying this is happening - it is just one of the theories - so don't ask for details of how they can do it.

They don't need backward communication or any internet connection to track frequent channel changes - the card can do that for them if that is what they are using to kill cards. The card just uses one of its many registers to count the frequency of channel changes - and if it exceeds what ever limit they set - then BINGO the card kills itself.
    NipPEr Is a diSh liCkeR!
    4e697050457220497320612062755474206c69436b655221

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12