Thread: Power supply issue (solved)

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,078x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Default Power supply issue (solved)

Found this info out on the net in a dated post from some years back(2009). Thought I would post here as well to aid others if they have the same issue and search as well. Also to update and add to.

Powering on via back switch stb shows nothing on display. Both (green) leds illuminate on mainboard, case fan runs as per normal and serial adapter operates as per normal...(green and amber lights plus shows up in search with wizloader). No video per HDMI, composite and or component cables. Upon pressing any of the buttons on the front of the stb or by pressing any of the buttons on the remote the only thing that would show was a flicking small amber light (clock) beside REC on the front display...example below. Removed the power supply from stb and after inspection power supply showed no sign of problems (bulging Caps. etc.) After reading the dated post I came across I came to the same conclusion that even though the power supply showed no signs of a problems it was still faulty. By sending the power supply off for repair everything is now operating as it should.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 08-08-2016 at 03:42 AM. Reason: added info