Bang Showbiz

Adele is in talks to perform at the Super Bowl 50 halftime show in 2017.

The ‘When We Were Young’ hitmaker is a favourite of NFL bosses who are said to be ”doing everything they can” to get the 28-year-old British superstar to sing at the prestigious sporting event.

A source told The Sun newspaper: ”There is nobody bigger in the world than Adele right now and organisers are doing absolutely everything they can to try to persuade her to sign up. She’s sold out every date on her tour, everyone wants a piece of her and they know they can bank on her bringing in the viewers.”
However, one thing stepping in the way is the pop star’s notorious battle with stage ”nerves”.
The insider added: ”It’s Adele’s nerves that are the issue — it hasn’t been an easy sell.”
If she does agree to the massive gig, she would be heading to Houston’s NRG Stadium in Texas on February 5, where the games will be held.
And it’s also rumoured that Adele’s close pal Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic – who co-wrote her song ‘Remedy’ – has also been tipped to perform at next year’s game.
Meanwhile, Adele – known for her potty mouth on stage – has vowed to stop swearing.
The ‘Hello’ singer – who has three-year-old son Angelo with partner Simon Konecki – was shocked to discover how frequently she’d used foul language during her performance at Glastonbury festival in June, and so she’s decided to give up using expletives in public.
Speaking on stage at Los Angeles’ Staples Centre, she said: ”I managed to swear 33 times. 33 times. I mean I’m not a mathematician — I didn’t even pass my exams and that — but that’s like every couple of minutes, swearing, right?
”I’m trying to powder my tongue a little bit and not swear so much.”