Thread: Can't get Network Settings ?!!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

Unhappy Can't get Network Settings ?!!

Hi ,

My Ihub is connected to my receiver, but I can't get it to initiate ?!
    My firmware is
    Boot Loader:02.07
    Main Software: 05.11
    Front Software: vB-07

Please help

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,078x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

If it doesn't connect and you have no way of knowing what version is loade on the iHub then I would suggest this. Load v5.14 and see if it connects and if it does then most likely iHub is at v2.2. If it still does not connect then you could load vHD20E and see if it connects and if it does then most likely the iHub is at v4.12. If you do get it to connect you can always run the wizloader to check the version on the iHub. Do not make any adjustments to the network settings in the wizloader. Making adjustments in the wizloader could lock the iHub up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.
    Where do I find the file v5.14 and rest of the ones you poined out please?
    Quote Originally Posted by abouttosnap View Post
    If it doesn't connect and you have no way of knowing what version is loade on the iHub then I would suggest this. Load v5.14 and see if it connects and if it does then most likely iHub is at v2.2. If it still does not connect then you could load vHD20E and see if it connects and if it does then most likely the iHub is at v4.12. If you do get it to connect you can always run the wizloader to check the version on the iHub. Do not make any adjustments to the network settings in the wizloader. Making adjustments in the wizloader could lock the iHub up.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Click on either or below:

v5.14

vHD20E

The version you show loaded v5.11 is an older version that has not had the date error adjustment. Just a guess but v5.11 probably worked with iHub v2.1 or 1.9. At any rate you will need either v5.14_2028/v2.2 or HD20E_2028/v4.12...both have the date extended to 2028.

WIZNET loader
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 09-29-2016 at 01:30 AM. Reason: added info/forgot one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

Thanks.
    I tried v5.14 and still can't get network settings ?
    Should I try vHD20E now ?

Just downloaded HD20E and still no Networking settings??!
    What happens if I do Factory reset?
    Last edited by montell; 09-29-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

Update: It worked....I got network settings now :
    Thanks guys

9. The Following User Says Thank You to montell For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

Except now, I am trying to scan satellites for DN and BEV and in Dish Settings I only get Signal rate of 10 to 12 and zero quality ?!!
    any ideas which Transponders to scan for DN 110,119 and 129 and also for BEV 82 and 91 please?
    If you have the complete guide as far as if 22 khz has to on or off and DiSEqC port number as well, I will be very grateful.

thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Tp lists should be in the link below in post #11 and #12:

http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?...-Changes-Lists

As to dish settings someone would need to know exactly what type dish setup one has. Depending on setup by default 119/91...port 1 and 110/82...port 2. Again this all depends on lnb type and swtich(s) etc.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

I got them all except for 91 W ?!!
    My Sat gets me 90.9 W and it locks for 91 with all the channels , except after scanning it I save them and no SD channels show up ?!
    91 W --->PORT 1 , 22K OFF BELL REGULAR CHANNELS
    the above is my sat's description.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 35 Posts

Thanks for your help, but I still can't get 91 W ?!!
    When I go to Dish settings, I find Satellite 90.9 W that locks into 91 W with great signal Quality, except after I scan SAT and SAVE ...still none of the Bev's SD channels Showing up ?!!

Please Help.

Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

As a rule if you have a fixed dish in this case it shouldn't matter. In other words regardless of the sat name in the list it will scan what ever it is pointed at via there are tp's listed in regards to that sat. So even though the sat. is still listed as a prior name from some time back and the location is off by .1 it shouldn't matter. But I have seen some weird things with both the SV8000 and the SV360P when scanning. Seems to be a problem with most of the birds with a SR of 20000.

All that being said if nothing shows up with the info listed for that northern bird then all I could suggest is update the sat. name and check to make sure the info listed tp wise for that sat. are correct. The tp list in the link in one of my above post should be current per lyngsat. Now to whether it is current or matches I have know way of knowing because of location and not sure how up to date lyngsat is with the northern birds. I would say under 90.9 most if not all of the freqs., SR's, polarity (V/H) and the modulation would be correct...one would need to go though the list and compare with the list in the link below. But there still maybe some differences in the FEC's. Not sure if that would cause the issue. I've seen it go both ways in the past. If that doesn't help one could always rename one of the other sats listed as 91.W and change the tp info to the sat. one is trying for and see if that works. There are other ways of changing and or updating sat. info and tp info etc. in channel master but if someone is not familiar with that program I wouldn't go that route.

Code:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Bell-TV-91W.html
    Have ran into an issue on a certain bird that the only reason it wouldn't scan in on one stb vs. the other was a difference in the mainboard version from my read. Most stb's have their own quirks...sometimes it takes a little time to learn their habits.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 10-01-2016 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added info