Thread: Network Settings dissappeared

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Default Network Settings dissappeared

My iHub with SV8K has been running fine for a couple of years. A few weeks ago, on power-up (via back toggle switch) the network adapter was no longer detected and the Network Settings dissappeared. I was running HD20. LEDs on iHub are still operational.

Here's what I've I tried:
    - loading HD20E and v514 but no luck
    - plugged the iHub into a brand new Sonicview (borrowed from a friend), still no detection
    - factory reset no change
    - reloaded with factory bin and cleanfile bin, still no luck
    - opened the iHub and resoldered some of the pins in case of cold solder joints, no joy

I'm pretty sure the iHub is toast but could use some of other suggestions.

Also, what are my replacement options? wiz110sr?
    I have an FTA dongle for my Viewsat. Is there a method for that to work on SV8K?

I may just give up and stick with IPTV.

Thanks. Appreciate any help.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,452x in 2,185 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

SV8000 look in version info should say HD20E, possible hub didn't take update
    also can try, go to usb heading (sv8000) and do a net download (update)
    If no go, i believe there is info on bringing a Hub back to life ??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,078x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Net download option is null and void now. The SV has not been supported for a long time and that option was used at one time for sw updates. If the iHub was to require an update to a valid version it is built into the file. Example file HD20E would update iHub version 4.12. Going by the op it was working prior to so it must have been at the correct version iHub wise. There are ways to recover a so called bricked iHub which means the iHub is basically confused or showing an invalid version via the wizloader such as version 82 or 82.9 etc. But in order to recover one it would have to show as adapter connected in the stb and show the network settings in the menu. That way you could pull the info via the wizloader. Until it connects or you can see or find it via wizloader you are dead in the water. I have spent a lot time an effort and recovered a few with being bricked but I could still pull the info up with the wizloader. I've also spent a lot of time and effort with one not connecting and come up with nothing. I have one that locked up back in 2010 that I recovered once but it locked up again and has been dead ever since. First time it locked up was of no fault of my own but the second time was.

At any rate until you get adapter connect, see the network settings in the menu and are able to see or find it with the wizloader just about impossible to recover it. There is a wiz110sr that will work as a substitute for the iHub but it will have to be updated to the correct version of 4.12 to be used with the 2028_nocheck file. Needs external adapter or can be modded with a jumper wire from what I read some years back and powered that way. As to any other dongle working other the the wiz110sr I have never read anything about it over the years.

Seems like there are some threads in the section on recovering a bricked iHub.
    Last edited by abouttosnap; 11-24-2016 at 10:14 PM.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abouttosnap For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

There is someone on Ebay that repairs them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I'll do some research on bricked iHubs and see if I can recover it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129x in 83 Posts

I am in the same situation no network area but it also says Network Adaptor is old. If I update will this correct the problem ?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,078x in 1,531 Posts
    Items USACokeFriesTVDishBurgerBox of crappoison

Seen a few errors in regard to the iHub but that one doesn't ring a bell at present. When you say update are you referring to hardware or software? What file and iHub version do you have loaded? As a rule now file should be either HD20_2028 or HD20_2028_NoChk. Although the 2028_NoChk should work with either of the converted iHub and wiz110sr dongles. Version 4.12 should be loaded for either dongle wise as it stands now.

runamok is offline Visiting Dignitary/NFL WEEK 16 & 18 CHAMP
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,628x in 4,216 Posts
    Items beerWhiskeyA BeerSprint carFootballYing & yangTreeDoll

Quote Originally Posted by Dynas View Post
    I am in the same situation no network area but it also says Network Adaptor is old. If I update will this correct the problem ?

When sv users got that message way back we had to update hub (not sure) form version 1.4 to 2.2 with wiznet then loading files later would update hub.If hub is not updated at least 2.2 it will not update by file has to be by wiznet I believe its been a while.Run wiznet and check version should be 4.12.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runamok For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

I finally managed a connection to my iHub through wiznet and it is showing 89.9 so I suppose it did get messed up somehow. I guess it's good that the ihub is at least active.

Runamok, you indicated I might need to load 2.2 to get it functional enough so that I could possibly update through the receiver. Can I just install 4.12 through wiznet? I found file called svlan-4.12.bin. If I need 2.2, any links to where I can get it?
    iHub_version.jpg
    Again, thanks for the help.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spawn View Post
    I finally managed a connection to my iHub through wiznet and it is showing 89.9 so I suppose it did get messed up somehow. I guess it's good that the ihub is at least active.

Runamok, you indicated I might need to load 2.2 to get it functional enough so that I could possibly update through the receiver. Can I just install 4.12 through wiznet? I found file called svlan-4.12.bin. If I need 2.2, any links to where I can get it?
    iHub_version.jpg
    Again, thanks for the help.
    If wiznet can see your Ihub you should be able to put 4.12 on it, you will most likely need the HD20_2028_NoChk file also

15. The Following User Says Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts

I'm back in online! Loaded the bin file through wiznet, booted and Network Settings re-appeared.Reloaded HD20 just to be sure. Then reconfigured fta server account info and voila, back in action.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Early X-mas gift for me. Happy Holidays!