Thread: Easy Mag box 254 installation guide

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 15 Posts

Default Easy Mag box 254 installation guide

I see that more and more people are buying Mag box 254, I am thinking of buying one from ebay or amazon. But I want to know if it's easy to install or not. I have checked a couple of guides and they seem to be not so easy. Mag box 254 tutorial
    Last edited by tropicaldahl; 12-31-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358x in 460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tropicaldahl View Post
    I see that more and more people are buying Mag box 254, I am thinking of buying one from ebay or amazon. But I want to know if it's easy to install or not. I have checked a couple of guides and they seem to be not so easy.
    They are quite easy to set up . The key is to go slow and steady. Here's an easy install guide to follow.

1. Of course you start by putting batteries in the remote, hooking it to your tv, plugging in your network cable, and turning it on.

2. Once it boots up to the inner portal go to "Settings" and select "Interface". This is where you tell it where to go when it loads up, changes weather to C or F, etc. I set my weather to Fahrenheit here and ok to save. Exit back out to "Settings"

3. Now go to "System Settings" and select "Network" to set it up. "Auto (DHCP)" will work for most users. For wireless you need an usb adapter so we won't go into that now.

4. Select "Auto update software" and set auto update to enabled. Press the green F2 button to update now. Then exit.

5. Exit out twice to "System Settings" menu and now go to Servers.

5. Click "General" and put in a timeserver. pool.ntp.org works. Use the "KB" button on your remote to bring up the on screen keyboard. This is where we fix your time. Press ok to save and then exit once back to "Servers' menu.

7. Click "Portals" and enter your server info. There are 2 there. You can leave Portal 1 name blank. In Portal 1 URL...here you enter the URL given from your reseller" then press ok to save and exit back twice to "System Settings" again.

8. Click "Video" and choose what you want to use or what your tv wants to use. The bottom left button on your remote is the aspect button and will show the list, remember this for future reference. Press ok to save and exit back out to "System Settings" again.

9. This time select "Advanced Settings" These are pretty self-explanatory. Language, time zone closest to you, and where you find buffer size if you need to set it now or later. Left mine at 0. Make sure to press ok to save and reboot your STB.

10. After the reboot it will boot into the IPTV portal. If it loads into a tv channel or black screen press exit to see the portal page. Here you will see TV, Videoclub, etc.

11. Scroll it over to "Settings" and click it.

12. Here you can set parental control if needed. Select "Localization" now and fix your settings there. Set them as needed with a city somewhere close to where you are if yours is not listed. Exit out and scroll through the rest. If you need to change anything do so now. Some of the options are the same as in the inner portal.

13. For "Portal" it is best to leave it at main menu if you have limited bandwidth, so it doesn't come on to live tv without anyone watching it.

14. Towards the bottom you will see "Go to the inner portal", this is how you get back to the inner portal if needed.

15. Now exit out and watch some tv. Videoclub is where the movies are and tv is where, um, the tv is