Thread: Jynxbox Ultra HD V2 PVR glitch issues, tried bin 1.2.37 and 3.3.15

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Default Jynxbox Ultra HD V2 PVR glitch issues, tried bin 1.2.37 and 3.3.15

I've done a lot of reading and can't seem to find an answer. does ANYONE have the PVR or Time-shift features working properly? This is something I'd really love to have.

I have V2, I was on 1.2.37 now i'm using 3.3.15 . it seems to 'glitch' every 15 seconds or so, during a timeshift, or while playing back a previously recorded file.

i'm using a flash drive, 4gb, tried both FAT32 and NTFS formatting, front/back usb port.... it never gets any better.

Does anyone have a solution? Or does anyone have it working properly?

TIA!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Not that I know but every 15 seconds is about when you need a new CW from the server, I would guess that you are making the server provide old CWs rather than having the decoded data recorded

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quartapound View Post
    I've done a lot of reading and can't seem to find an answer. does ANYONE have the PVR or Time-shift features working properly? This is something I'd really love to have.

I have V2, I was on 1.2.37 now i'm using 3.3.15 . it seems to 'glitch' every 15 seconds or so, during a timeshift, or while playing back a previously recorded file.

i'm using a flash drive, 4gb, tried both FAT32 and NTFS formatting, front/back usb port.... it never gets any better.

Does anyone have a solution? Or does anyone have it working properly?

TIA!
    Are you using a thumb drive or a powered hard drive? Are you using the front or back USB? Are you also using wifi adapter or are you hard wired into the network? You can eliminate the CW question by trying to record a free channel like Velocity.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diode View Post
    Are you using a thumb drive or a powered hard drive? Are you using the front or back USB? Are you also using wifi adapter or are you hard wired into the network? You can eliminate the CW question by trying to record a free channel like Velocity.
    I've been using a thumb drive. On the front port. Hard wired to network.

It works flawlessly when I record an unencrypted channel (DISH 101).

From my research, ...jynxbox saves the encrypted stream to PVR which is the problem?...

watching a saved PVR does experience microfreezing, but not too bad.

time-shift has major issues, long freezes. this is the feature I'd like the most. does anyone have timeshift working reliably on jynxbox?
    Last edited by quartapound; 02-23-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quartapound View Post
    I've been using a thumb drive. On the front port. Hard wired to network.

It works flawlessly when I record an unencrypted channel (DISH 101).

From my research, ...jynxbox saves the encrypted stream to PVR which is the problem?...

watching a saved PVR does experience microfreezing, but not too bad.

time-shift has major issues, long freezes. this is the feature I'd like the most. does anyone have timeshift working reliably on jynxbox?
    I have not tried to use the time shift feature with my V2. Does the time shift feature work on ch 101? I may try to time shift some fta stuff myself. And Yes, I have read that the PVR saves the encrypted video in an encrypted format. Go figure!

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diode View Post
    I have not tried to use the time shift feature with my V2. Does the time shift feature work on ch 101? I may try to time shift some fta stuff myself. And Yes, I have read that the PVR saves the encrypted video in an encrypted format. Go figure!
    the time shift feature works perfect on ch 101... like a dream. if it would only do the same with all the other channels...

Quote Originally Posted by jvvh5897 View Post
    Not that I know but every 15 seconds is about when you need a new CW from the server, I would guess that you are making the server provide old CWs rather than having the decoded data recorded
    I think you're correct. I was hoping this would be something that would have been fixed by now.. (with the 'new' bin 3.3.15) ... I guess if it's not working by now it'll never happen.

if that's the case....next question... does anyone know of a box that does timeshift/pvr properly?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Perhaps the obvious solution with the box you have, is to transfer CW via a PC and have the PC record them as the recording/time shift is in progress--maybe by using something like hub4all. Then the requests for CW would either go to the PC recording of them (that should be possible I would think), or you could use the PC to play back the shows.
    Since the CWs are the issue, then the trouble is likely that the server has to send a specific request to a card out-of-sequence to the rest of the world so that the server can't just pull up the last valid CW request for the channel you are on--that really slows things up. It would say that the current valid key does not change between when you recorded the show and then watched it--I bet if you tried to play back a recorded show after a key change that you would be out of luck (I don't have a clue of how long EMM keys are valid these days--it could be that they don't change for months and months).

I would think all boxes have the same issue unless they record the CW responses to flash at the same time as the stream. It actually surprises me that servers allow responses to such out-of-sequence requests--it might be an easy way to target cards and if nothing else it could make the server think the correct reply for others on the same ch would be what it gave you--that you were the first to get the 'newest' ecm packet with CWs.
    Last edited by jvvh5897; 02-24-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

I've long thought that there should be a sub-hobby called something like RIKS (Recording IKS). You record a show at channel CH and time H/D/Y and someone else watches that same show/time/ch and posts the clear ecm packets and CWs. Then you use that file of ecm/CW to watch your copy. No need to have IKS sub yourself.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

I've long thought that there should be a sub-hobby called something like RIKS (Recording IKS). You record a show at channel CH and time H/D/Y and someone else watches that same show/time/ch and posts the clear ecm packets and CWs. Then you use that file of ecm/CW to watch your copy. No need to have IKS sub yourself.
    Cool idea.... Yesterdays TV Today! Time zones and syncing may be a small hurdle.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

...using something like hub4all...
    Where can I find hub4all? I use NOI and IKS4SUNS sometimes for my Nfusion HD, I cant find any other reference to the software you mentioned.

Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Try hub4com at sourceforge.
    Lots of other ways to intercept web traffic that you use for IKS. You could modify the box code to output the exchange to serial port. You could use something like wireshark to grab traffic on router (or use a router between box and web and use a special mod to grab traffic--either is likely DES encrypted--I think that is the point of a DES key for IKS). You could even take a jb200 and interface it to a PC and have it pull in a channel's cmd07 packets and do IKS for them. Or have someone with an older box that has to use rqcs to log the traffic.