Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,329x in 4,234 Posts
    Items Crown Royal
Gift received at 11-09-2019, 09:07 PM from Putski

Default Nagra Targets Pirate Kodi Streaming Addons and IPTV

c/p

Credit Torrentfreak:

Since their very inception, satellite and cable TV systems have been vulnerable to those who enjoy watching content but prefer not to pay.
    Many ‘solutions’ have been developed to offer consumers the chance to watch premium content for free, or close to it, via the use of modified receivers, replacement or hacked smart cards, or more recently so-called ‘card sharing‘ arrangements.
    In response, so-called conditional access companies have developed advanced systems to ensure that viewers are also subscribers. One of the more successful is Nagravision (NAGRA), a system that is deployed in set-top boxes around the world.
    But while NAGRA in this particular form can go some way towards protecting content delivered through proprietary devices, it can be bypassed by content delivered over the Internet, such as via streaming sites, augmented Kodi setups, and illegal IPTV services.
    To that end, NAGRA and the International Broadcaster Coalition Against Piracy (IBCAP) have announced an expanded agreement “to bring a new generation of anti-piracy technology and services” to broadcasters and distributors of international and multicultural content.
    “Developing automated, state-of-the-art tools to detect unauthorized streaming – especially on increasingly popular IPTV set-top boxes and Kodi add-ons – helps ensure we can take swift and decisive action against pirates and maintain the value of the services offered to IBCAP members,” says Frederic Guitard, Vice President Media Security Services for NAGRA.
    IBCAP and NAGRA have been working together since 2014, and the expansion of the agreement was welcomed by Chris Kuelling, Executive Director of IBCAP.
    “The expansion of our agreement with NAGRA will help us leverage the latest technologies and expertise in content protection and anti-piracy with the aim of putting pirates out of business and replacing them with legitimate providers,” he said.
    NAGRA says it will establish a lab to monitor and detect unauthorized use of content via set-top boxes, websites and other streaming platforms. The company says it will target both linear feeds and VOD content, and take action to have that content removed.
    It will also take steps to identify people selling pirate services (such as Kodi boxes augmented with infringing addons and unlicensed IPTV resellers) with an aim to either educate or gather evidence for future lawsuits.
    The latter option could prove quite expensive. According to figures provided by IBCAP, since 2014 the group has obtained judgments or settlements against IPTV box manufacturers, providers, and retailers in excess of $100 million.
    “ISP’s, CDN’s, and domain name providers have complied with court orders and unauthorized IPTV services have been disrupted or shut down entirely,” the group says.
    Crackdowns on IPTV and Kodi box suppliers are becoming increasingly commonplace, particularly in Europe. Action by the Premier League and Spanish authorities shut down a large IPTV supplier last year and fresh action against a pair of IPTV affiliated ISPs was announced just last week by Europol.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,036x in 1,728 Posts

Damn, that didn't take long lol. I've been waiting for such a law to be enacted "cause" up until recently these services weren't monitored. Now they seem to have the means and interest to pursue such activities.. this sucks...
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jazzman For This Useful Post:

c8rbk1ng is offline VIP, Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Week #5 & week # 15 Champion
    Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,089x in 1,142 Posts
    Items Crab
Gift received at 08-08-2015, 07:53 PM from gAsH
Message: I tried 15x in a row with different people and lost every time! :lol: 

Here is a gift for the crabby old man :tehe: You spelled your name wrong, should be Cr8bk1ng :PWireless AccessPopcornGuitar2JeepCamaroFootball

You can "thank" all these so called 'services' and everyone who subscribes to them. If peeps used Kodi and the IPTV protocol the intended way there wouldn't be a problem. As soon as the money hungry 'providers' get involved it's only a matter of time before the content providers take action. It has happened with plastic and IKS and now it's going to happen to IPTV.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 911x in 249 Posts

LOL u cant stop internet streaming.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caretaker69 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 13 Posts

Doesn't matter how hard they try. We always seem to stay one up on them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Here is a gift for the crabby old man :tehe: You spelled your name wrong, should be Cr8bk1ng :PWireless AccessPopcornGuitar2JeepCamaroFootball

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Doesn't matter how hard they try. We always seem to stay one up on them.
    We? How many security features have you broken? Those of us that have been in this from the very start (when sites were underground and you had to be invited to join them) find statements like this hilarious

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Quote Originally Posted by caretaker69 View Post
    LOL u cant stop internet streaming.
    Really? Have you checked out some of the Internet privacy protections that have been repealed by the Trump administration? It is only the start.
    Last edited by c8rbk1ng; 04-14-2017 at 08:32 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,366x in 852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c8rbk1ng View Post
    Really? Have you checked out some of the Internet privacy protections that have been repealed by the Trump administration? It is only the start.
    you are right it is only a start. IPTV resellers will be the end of the good part of Kodi. It will certainly happen......

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 708x in 384 Posts
    Items Dish

didn't they say iks would die too? or torrent sites there still alive...for now

i just don't really get how the kodi does it all for free the streamers must be getting paid from the sales of android boxes i would think.
    because who would buy all the equipment and tv packages and stream them all for free......

but either way i hope they all can beat the man...........the reason they do all this is because the tv company's are greedy pigs....they said once before some where here when i first joined........."tv was free once and the commercials paid for it" why did it stop....money

super bowl commercial costs in the millions just for a commercial .......they have the money to lower there prices there getting paid!

i think every one should have free tv, because commercial breaks are longer then they need to be already....i bet they could show tv and all in the letter box flood us with crap we don't need lol

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Internet Streaming wasn't supposed to be a cash cow for the money hungry, greedy scammers that are selling you a product you can get for FREE! Your 'service provider' goes down and you have nothing. With Kodi and the right addons installed, if a stream goes down, there are multiple other streams available. It was supposed to be used in a way that you and I, the common Joe, could share streams when and how we wanted with each other. The content providers couldn't care less if I shared a stream with you as long as I wasn't making any money off of it. Enter the greedy 'sellers" and "resellers" and now you have a bullseye painted on the system that the content providers (Dish, DTV, etc.) will shoot for because they don't like anyone but them making money off of their content. Kodi has nothing to do with all this. Kodi is just a media center. It's the 3rd person addons that you can install on Kodi which are in the "grey" area. Here's some info on IPTV (a protocol, not a service)
    Code:
    http://www.explainthatstuff.com/how-iptv-works.html
    BTW, ask those that have received demand/settlement letters if IKS is still alive and most of the good torrent sites have been shut down or shut down on their own before the powers that be caught up to them.
    Last edited by c8rbk1ng; 04-15-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 708x in 384 Posts
    Items Dish

What did I miss.....it is still tv signal some one has to capture and then upload.....

My statement is why would you buy the equipment and stream tv for free...the equipment is not cheap

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Items Crab

Quote Originally Posted by tbird686 View Post
    What did I miss.....it is still tv signal some one has to capture and then upload.....

My statement is why would you buy the equipment and stream tv for free...the equipment is not cheap
    It could be as simple as Joe Blow from Kokomo streaming from his DTV box because he feels like you ...tv should be FREE

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c8rbk1ng For This Useful Post: