Thread: Only able to scan horizontal transponders

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

Default Only able to scan horizontal transponders

Great signal on all horizontal transponders. No signal on vertical transponders. I was able to scan and get channels on vertical transponders, but then I had no signal once I saved and restarted the box. Any ideas?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,666x in 3,246 Posts
    Items PhoneHeartVintage truck
Gift received at 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM from ICEMAN
Message: thank you budTVCoffee makerPinkfloydthe travel gnomeTractor

And the type of LNB you have selected is?????
    ♫♫♫ I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK ♫♫♫ I drink all night and sleep all day. ♫♫♫

Coming soon to a crop circle near you.....

There is a 66 and third % chance that I'm on the right planet...

"I'm happier then a Jackalope in a balloon factory"

"First rule of testing satellites"
    "If its working fine now, then don't mess with it"

"Second rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and now it doesn't work, can you blame someone else?"

"Third rule of testing satellites"
    "If you did mess with it, and it doesn't work now, and you can't blame someone else"
    "Can you HIDE it"?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

legacy lnb -> OCS DP

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 134x in 68 Posts

legacy lnb and OCS DP are two different lnb types first you need to set the correct lnb type

sense the MPEG4 change over on the jynxbox you will not get a good scan with out deleting all tps and do a Manuel scan this is how its done

the easiest way is the do a factory reset. then reset your setting for your sats . rescan all sats that you are using except for sat 110 and 119.
    To get sat 110 back go to manual scan, change the first tp to the new mpeg4 setting by selecting edit tp red button on remote then change symbol rate from 20000 to 21500 and change the polarity to v then change Mode from QPSK TO TURBO then save . now you should see good signal on the first tp. Now go to the #2 tp and use the yellow button on remote and delete all the remaining tps just leave the first tp there .
    Ones all the remaining tps are deleted hit the blue button on remote to scan then set network search to YES then hit ok and all channels will scan back in with good signal . now hit the side arrow on remote to get to sat 119
    For 119 when your in the manual scan set to 119 sat, if the first tp has quality and strength , then leave the first one alone and delete all the rest of the tps for 119 then hit the blue button on remote set network search to YES then hit ok to scan and you will get all channels after your done go to tv channels in menu hit the blue button on remote to edit then hit red button on remote set to sort SELECT by SID exist and save . finished.

ps if you do not delete the remaining tps and set NETWORK SEARCH to YES you will get all double channels .
    PLEASE Do NOT PM me for support! Post ALL Support questions in the forums for all members to benefit.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

Would this be the same process for 82 and 91?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Yes, and no. 91 degree sat still has QPSK TP at 20000.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

Thanks for the help. The bad news is I'm pretty sure i bricked the receiver. I attempted to change the firmware thing that might help and my receiver is now stuck on BOOT. Tried the loader, but no luck.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

Try using a straight through cable instead of a crossover cable to connect your box to the CPU. I have used a USB to rs232 connected directly to the box. Jynxbox V2.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to diode For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

I do have one these cables. I connect usb to PC and the other end to the reciever. No go.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Most boxes will output something on the TX line of rs232 during the boot process--if nothing else they try to handshake to do a box-to-box clone. Now the output may not be ascii char, just binary, but you might try different cables and baud rates. Try 115.2k baud 8,N,1 setting with just about any terminal program--RealTerm can do the job--check sourceforge for it.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 131x in 79 Posts

Forgive me. I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Coul someone dumb this down a little for me?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 69 Posts

Hi DJMark, It has been awhile for me but I do remember having to make sure what com port the PC assigned to the cable. Make sure that matches the software. I used to keep an old laptop with XP on it just for this purpose. I also had to make sure to us all chunks mode. Check out the old tutorials. They will guide you and you don´t have to be a Rocket Scientist.No Pun intended.

http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?...otloop-Problem

Also:
    http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?...the-loader-PDF
    Last edited by diode; 07-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.