Thread: Flashing screen

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 154x in 74 Posts

Default Flashing screen

Hello everyone. Used a Nfusion HD for years but N.O.I. Seemed to give up the ghost so I packed it in and picked up a Dreamlink T5. Pretty easy to setup and I especially like the fact that all your information is entered right in the STB.

Everything went well, except with the screen flashing to black very 5 or 10 seconds. I've loaded bin 1.06 with a build date of Feb 17, 2016 (the most current one I could find). Is there ANYTHING that will remedy the screen from flashing all the time.

wd

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523x in 764 Posts

Could be a bad/loose cable to TV (sort of assuming you are using HDMI output through this post). Could be a bad box output or failing power supply and you should send it back before it fails, if new. Could be bad setting that the TV does not really like. You might want to give more detail on TV and box settings and how things are hooked up and if new or bought used.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 154x in 74 Posts

EVERYTHING is fine with my setup. The Nfusion came out, the DL T5 went in. I remember reading somewhere that there was a bin that was causing this problem, but for the life of me, I can't find that thread now.

If anyone has experienced this problem or knows how to fix it, please chime in as this is driving me crazy.

wd

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,926x in 2,318 Posts
    Items Some beerMonitorWireless AccessUSAVintage carJeepVintage truckMini Cooper

Check or replace cable going from the wall into your receiver you might have a bad cable

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,293x in 2,137 Posts
    Items BurgerA Beertreasure chestPresentRainbowRepWireless AccessTreasure

Try hooking it up with component cables (Red,Green,Blue) instead of HDMI, had the same issue with T-4
    turned out to be loose/faulty connection on the T-4

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auggie For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 154x in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by auggie View Post
    Try hooking it up with component cables (Red,Green,Blue) instead of HDMI, had the same issue with T-4
    turned out to be loose/faulty connection on the T-4
    I swapped out the HDMI cable but the problem persisted. Auggie, you're brilliant, but then again, I guess I am too. Going to bed last night, even before seeing your post, I thought about swapping the HDMI for component cables. Did that this morning and picture is as stable as could be.

Thanks for all the assistance with this "minor" problem.

wd