Thread: Jynxbox Won't Connect To Server

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 18 Posts

Default Jynxbox Won't Connect To Server

Anyone have any experience with Jynxbox V7 not connecting to server? It was working fine, then wouldn't connect to server randomly. Went away on holidays for a week and when came back no connection at all. Server is fine as it works on other receivers, just not on Jynx. Server settings all fine and haven't been changed since it was working. Would a faulty JB200 tuner cause this problem? It's been my experience that when they start to fail, the signal screws up, and this isn't the case. Never had a server connection issue. Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 36x in 21 Posts

Hi , likely the ethernet port is bad. do you have a wireless adapter you can connect to the usb port and configure it. Had same problem did that worked until power supply died , Pax

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 18 Posts

Hi - Yes have a wireless antenna and it picks up wifi fine, but still won't connect to server.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 43x in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalej88 View Post
    Hi - Yes have a wireless antenna and it picks up wifi fine, but still won't connect to server.
    maybe the tuner...try another one bro

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,643x in 2,116 Posts
    Items G&R
Gift received at 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM from Styx_N_Stones

I noticed your signature was looking a little bare, so here's a little something to help you decorate it.

Happy Holidays,
S_N_SImmunity to Theft
Gift received at 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM from ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by dalej88 View Post
    Try it hard wired with out the USB pluged in, I have had the wireless USB do that when it is going bad.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iq180 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

Its a "design problem" try this:-
    I just thought to drop you a line concerning a TOCOMFREE Ultra HD that wouldn't connect. This unit is identical to Jynxbox Ultra HD V30.
    When the new unit arrived it was clear that it had been previously used, Server 1 and Server 2 slot were not at default, trying to set factory defaults did wipe out the sat scans, but did not reset Servers to their defaults.
    The Ethernet port appeared to be working and the unit was registered as a new piece of network equipment on the local network but it would not connect to the remote server.
    I decided to try the USB to Ethernet adapter, the first time I turned on the unit with it installed it didn't come up, the second power up it appeared.
    Then I enabled it and set the local encryption key. (password) and it wouldn't connect to the local wireless network. I did this three or four times with the same result. I then disabled the USB Ethernet port. Then in desperation I plugged in the Ethernet cable AND the unit connected to the remote server straight away. Looks as if whoever used it before pulled the USB Ethernet adapter without using the safe removal utility which left the unit with a miss set flag or flags.
    Brest,
    TPG

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 23x in 18 Posts

Just wanted to report back.....so I removed the wifi adapter like Iq180 suggested and it still wouldn't connect. Shut the receiver off with the switch on back and plugged it back in. It still wouldn't connect through the Ethernet adapter......turned on wifi and it connected right away. Not sure what combination of events worked as I had tried wifi previously, but it seems to be fine connecting through wifi now???

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dalej88 For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks

Hello.

I am glad I found this thread as I am having the exact same issue with a receiver I picked up from that big mail order site overseas. I am not back home for a few days, but I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a USB wifi adapter as I will order one online Are they all more or less all the same? Most appear to appear driverless. I also have a USB to ethernet adapter in one of my drawers and could try this. Everything else on the box box (Junxbox Ultra HD V14) seems to be in order. Sats scan. I get sound on 82 with no pic, It says HD module is installed in info screen etc ...

I would really like to get this box working. Thanks in advance.

Henry Wiser.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts

It would be better for you to choose an adapter that supports the 802.11ac standard for better speed and performance. It needs to be able to work in two bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The 5GHz band can provide faster speeds and less interference than the crowded 2.4GHz band. It could be TP-Link Archer T4U V3, ASUS USB-AC68 or Edimax EW-7822UAC.