Thread: Channel switching problem

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 10 Posts

Default Channel switching problem

I am seeking help with the following problem please:

My T5 has been working flawlessly until this afternoon. I had gone to the Channel List setting to look up a channel number in the alphabetical listing and got called away to attend to a household problem just as I had placed the cursor on the "T" letter in the channel list. It was some time (about two hours) before I got back to the TV and I found the channel I was looking for, entered the number and exited to watch the selected channel. The channel number I entered however, was not recognized and the receiver immediately went back to the first channel listed under the "T" selections (1719) and it will now not change from this number no matter what I do.

I have tried deleting the 1719 channel (it will simply go to the next "T" channel on the list and use that as the "fixed" number), switching off the power on the back of the receiver and leaving for some time before rebooting and finally re-scanning all channels. Nothing fixes the auto. return to the "T" channel.

I can call up the desired channel I wish to watch by scrolling to the alpha listing, selecting the channel number and the station will appear in the mini-window but the second I enter the channel number and exit Channel Listing, the receiver reverts to the channel listed under "T" e.g. Tamil channel.

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 10 Posts

As a further-to and for the benefit other other T5 users, the only way to resolve this issue is to once again start from square one and reload software, scan and set up server data -- it may take more than one attempt.

Now back to normal after a few attempts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seadog For This Useful Post:

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 159x in 65 Posts

When you are in the T channels press ok the go to the left and select all not a-z. when you see all highlighted go to the right and select any channel and you should be good to go.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 10 Posts

Hi Actv8: Thanks for the reply.
    I attempted three times to use the procedure you mentioned but no success. The channel selected on the right panel would flash on the receiver screen for a nano-second and it would then revert to 1719 each time. The receiver was stuck on that channel for whatever reason and would not budge.