Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4DTV receiver update to Skyvision W5 Channels

Bowhunters Guest

Default 4DTV receiver update to Skyvision W5 Channels

I have been a long time subscriber from Skyvision and 4DTV and here is an email that I received from them today.

**WARNING** - **DO NOT MAKE CHANGES PRIOR TO JANUARY 4TH, 2011.
    IF YOU DO IT BEFORE THIS DATE IT WILL DISABLE YOUR RECEIVER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE PROGRAMMING. SATELLITE RECEIVERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO THIS BEFORE JANUARY 4TH, 2011.

Dear Skyvision Customer:

IT'S FINALLY OFFICIAL! Beginning January 4, 2011, 4DTV owners will be able to reset their existing receivers and receive channels on one satellite (W5 at 105 West). Customers with a DSR-920 or DSR-922 4DTV Receiver will be able to access these subscription channels by following the attached instructions.

If you have a separate Free-To-Air receiver, or would like to retain access to other satellites, please skip steps 3, 4 and 5 of the 7 step process. Note: If you choose to skip steps 3, 4 and 5 it will disable the programming guide on your receiver. However, if you follow steps 3, 4 and 5 you will only be able to access channels on W5. If you have any questions regarding the process and why it is necessary to complete to continue receiving subscription programming, please visit Skyvision's website at (xxx.skyvision.com) or contact the technical support department at (800) 500-9275.

Please understand that due to the scope of these changes we expect to be very busy and we will not always be able to provide the level of service you are used to receiving from the Skyvision. We will do our best to get to your calls as quickly as possible and would like to thank you in advance for your patience and continued support.

The Programming Center will offer an interactive on-line feature called WEBSAMS where customers can do re-hits and order programming. You can call The Programming Center at 1-800-500-9268 to get signed up today or you can visit our website at (xxx.programming-center.net) to get signed up. This will be a helpful tool with the conversion process and may save time getting your programming back up and running.

Another reason to visit Skyvision's website is to find how you can receive literally hundreds of "FREE" channels. Skyvision offers a full line of equipment for Free-To-Air reception, which can greatly increase the number of channels available to your satellite system. This will supplement your subscription programming with no additional monthly fees and is completely legal.

Skyvision is committed to the large dish and your right to choose the programming that works for you. On behalf of Skyvision, we look forward to providing programming and home entertainment well into the future.

Sincerely,
    Skyvision 1-800-500-9275
    Here are the instructions to follow on how to get the 4DTV to work on the W5 only.

**DO NOT MAKE CHANGES PRIOR TO JANUARY 4TH, 2011.
    IF YOU DO IT BEFORE THIS DATE IT WILL DISABLE YOUR RECEIVER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE PROGRAMMING. SATELLITE RECEIVERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO THIS BEFORE JANUARY 4TH, 2011.

1. Move your satellite dish to W5 satellite on 4DTV receiver. IT IS EVERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE YOU ARE ON W5 FIRST.

2. Ensure the satellite receiver is on channel 216 (STYLE) and has video, or "Subscription required" message with a DCII signal lock. DO NOT MOVE THE DISH AFTER THIS STEP!

3. Do a factory reset (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 7 and confirm by pushing enter). After the lights on the front of the box go out (will take a few minutes) power it back on.

4. Do an authorization reset (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 0-this is a hidden diagnostic screen that the consumer will NOT see on their TV screen). This will remove the satellite receiver from the 4DTV SAC stream.

5. Turn the box to channel 946. You will now do a manual tune (options 6, 7, 7, 8, 1). Tune to frequency 1430.00 in the top box. Scroll down to the box below that reads tune. Push enter on tune. This will bring up a DCII light on the front of the box.

6. Call to get a rehit or send rehit via WebSAMS. If you are not set up for WebSAMS please call or visit our website to get authorized. We anticipate long wait times and with

7. Now program in the X4 satellite. Option 6, 4, 3, 3 select X4 and save. It should take about 20 minutes to get a full download.
    Last edited by Bowhunters; 12-15-2010 at 01:14 AM.

risk Guest

does anyone know or has an updated channel list as to what will be broadcasted on this bird? i took a look at lyngsat but that maybe off by a mile.

Bowhunters Guest

Here is the sub channels that will be on there from Skyvision/Programming-Center.net

Scroll down the page to see the channel locations - xxx.skyvision.com/pages/information_center/DSR410channels.pdf

drbob Guest

Try : Free to air MPEG-2 Channel Guide

buggyman Guest

If anyone believes ANYTHING that SKYVISION says, I feel for you. Stay 100 miles away from them if you can. I know the options are limited in the c-band market. Try anywhere else. Stay away from SKYVISION!!!

Bowhunters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    If anyone believes ANYTHING that SKYVISION says, I feel for you. Stay 100 miles away from them if you can. I know the options are limited in the c-band market. Try anywhere else. Stay away from SKYVISION!!!
    Why do you say that, I have been into BUD for many years and i've bought hardware and had my BUD subscription through Skyvision going back to Cband Analog and in 4DTV in recent years until it goes black on Dec31st and they have never messed me over on parts or my subscription or information they have given me in the past.

I've even called them and talked to a tech and picked his brain with questions and they have always been helpfull.

Do you have something concrete to base your statements or are you just ranting/upset that 4DTV is going away?

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 69x in 43 Posts
    Items Rose
Gift received at 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM from ICEMAN

I too have only had positive experience dealing with Skyvision customer service. I've bought a few things from them (ribbon cable and installation tools), and had a sub with them for a couple of years... Never had a hard time dealing with them.
    Satellite Equipment:
    10' Orbitron, Openbox S9, General Instrument 920
    Shaw subscription, HDPVR630, 2x HDDSR600,
    1m Channel Master (125w), Coolsat 8000

OTA Equipment:
    Unknown model VHF/UHF combo antenna, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Channel Master rotator, 35' Rohn 20G tower

Bowhunters Guest

I just got this new Email today from Skyvision.

It appears that some channels HBO, Cinemax, Showtime are choosing to leave BUD C-band alltogether so when 4DTV shuts down on Dec 29th they will no longer sell their channels to be viewed on BUD and will not be included in the W5 channels.

Email is below -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the many changes affecting the C-Band system, we will no longer be able to offer some channels. These channels will be deauthorized at 10:00pm CST on December 29th, 2010 and will not be available in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to offer you with the C-Band services that are still available on satellite W5.

The following services that are not available on W5 will be deauthorized on December 29th:

Food Network, DIY, Discovery East, Travel Channel, TLC, Mav TV, NFL Network, SRL East Coast Networks, Denver Networks and Wealth TV.

HBO/Cinemax and all Discovery channels will also be deauthorized December 29th. This was a decision made by HBO and Discovery. The signal will still be available on satellite W5 but they are denying access to big dish users.

Sincerely,

Skyvision Programming

xxx.skyvision.com

1-800-500-9268

money__shot Guest

The cost of programming had better reflect these changes.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 69x in 43 Posts
    Items Rose

I got the same email, and I'm not sure if I want to renew now.... I had the 4DTV for HBO and Cinemax. That's a good chunk of their programming that's being deauthorized. I just checked the pricing, it hasn't changed at all. Hopefully they choose to keep Starz though.

I wonder if DN or Direct had any sort of influence on HBO and Discovery to remove their channels from the 4DTV system...
    Last edited by satchick; 12-28-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Satellite Equipment:

OTA Equipment:
    Unknown model VHF/UHF combo antenna, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Channel Master rotator, 35' Rohn 20G tower

Bowhunters Guest

You are right Satchick, that is a large chunk of their programming that was going to make it worth while to stay with them.

It was being said 10-15 years ago that subscription BUD was dead and I think that we are now seeing that finally happening regardless to Skyvisions best efforts to keep it alive by setting up the W5 programming and figuring out a way to mod the 4DTV receivers so people wouldn't have to buy another receiver.

With HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Discovery Channels all shutting down their BUD signals, I won't be surprised if Starz/Encore follows suit within the next year.

Yesterday was a very sad day when I got that email.

Bowhunters Guest

I just checked on Skyvision and they have updated the packages and prices to remove the Discovery Channels and the HBO, Cinemax and Showtime channels from the movie packages.

The Starz channels package are still showing as available and its in the 'A La Carte' channel list.
    Last edited by Bowhunters; 12-29-2010 at 05:40 AM.

sideswiper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by satchick View Post
    I got the same email, and I'm not sure if I want to renew now.... I had the 4DTV for HBO and Cinemax. That's a good chunk of their programming that's being deauthorized. I just checked the pricing, it hasn't changed at all. Hopefully they choose to keep Starz though.

I wonder if DN or Direct had any sort of influence on HBO and Discovery to remove their channels from the 4DTV system...
    DN sure did have something to do with HBO not coming back ,but i heard that there is still a chance that the Discovery channels may be added in the future and that Comcast is talking with the Discovery channel and they are also trying to get the Denver Networks back too
    Last edited by sideswiper; 12-30-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 69x in 43 Posts
    Items Rose

It's nice to see that they updated their packages and pricing.... I might just have to order the Get It All Package....
    Satellite Equipment:

OTA Equipment:

Bowhunters Guest

Sideswiper is right about the Discovery Channels coming back, I checked their channel packages tonight and they are now showing the Discovery Channels and they weren't listed on there just a couple days ago so it looks like they aren't leaving after all.

Looks like I will get the 'Get it all' channel package after I do the DSR mod on the 4th of January.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast