Thread: retro converting stb?

xiar Guest

Default retro converting stb?

Converting back from testing to true FTA
    Do you have to changes the bins (and tires)?
    I would like to use one of my STB (coolsat 5000/ NF/ Kbox /nano2) in original form.
    I have an InvacomQuad (I'm going to wire today) to a 33"
    Shall I revert the software as well?

Thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,256x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

For true fta I would recommend you use the coolsat 5k stb. Also, find the original factory file in the files section or the last file associated with the stb and flash. I would recommend a bigger dish but 33" and your invacom quad will do.

jvvh5897 Guest

I've never seen the point of converting back to factory files. Any upgrades to the code made it into the later releases, so the newer the file the better IMO. True FTA testing bypasses any provider decrypt code so that there may be such in the code, it really makes no diff.

Tlarson Guest

Definitely not the CNX,, I have my K~BOX doing FTA duty, I is good enough and does a decent Blind scan. I have heard the NF is a real pain. I would take costactc advice as best. As far as software, unless its setup for P$ I would leave it with the last working bin as there is still some nag2 stuff on FTA(radio on 97,etc)...

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,256x in 7,929 Posts
    Items GreeceCanada

Don't even consider the other stb for true fta, the coolsat is an awesome stb for true fta and blind scanning. It'll show you high signal quality and not scan in a tp unless signal strength is at least 63-64%. You know you have good signal when your in the upper eighties.

xiar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by costactc View Post
    Don't even consider the other stb for true fta, the coolsat is an awesome stb for true fta and blind scanning. It'll show you high signal quality and not scan in a tp unless signal strength is at least 63-64%. You know you have good signal when your in the upper eighties.

You're absolutely right about Coolsat. It was the first of my seires I bought, then came nf, kbox and nano2 and none matched the quality of Coolsat.

Sunday afternoon when I was trying to reconnect the InvacomQuad and readjust the motor, it started to rain and I stopped working.
    I will have to find time to get up on the roof again.

One more question

The InvacomQuad has 4 outlets 2 of each C and L
    Shall I use a 4X1 swtich or just one 2X1 Dish supplied to get the signals to the motor then to the STB?
    Is there any special setting to consider for frequencies etc?

My roof looks like the backstage of rock band in open air concert! (sometimes it takes me half hour to figure what goes where!)
    I had to have 4 dishes spread over to roofs to get 5 birds!

DSSRUEL Guest

Nothing is lost by testing both firmware
    look at switch options, then decide

Almost all factory firmware supports DiseQc and SW22
    forget about SW21, DP hardware and related