Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Power OFF when using Bootable Vista Disc

tester2 Guest

Default Laptop Power OFF when using Bootable Vista Disc

hi guys i got acer 4530 Series Laptop, vista is not booting completely any more. So i decided to reinstall vista from a bootable Disc. When I insert vista bootable disc & when i press enter key to start from DVD, then after a minute Laptop completeky power OFF, tried many times, so it never like install vista from Disc.

Can any body let me know what cause this problem, i tried with diffrent Disc like Vista, XP or Win 7, none is going to install on this Laptop.

Any help appricated.

Thanks for your answers.

ft@t@lk™ Guest

maybe a faulty battery? remove it and leave laptop plugged in on street power and try install

tester2 Guest

i already remove the battry & only power card connected to laptop, still same problem, power OFF after a minute after inserting a vista bootable disc.

this laptop design for win vista.

thanks

ft@t@lk™ Guest

if you don't use boot disc, laptop boots up partially but stays on? it only shuts off if you use boot disc?

tester2 Guest

no it is not booting completely, it stay in the middle of vista booting screen 10 minutes nothing comes up vista desktop screen with icons.

yes boot partially and stay ON laptop.
    Last edited by tester2; 07-30-2011 at 04:01 AM.

tester2 Guest

any body know how to fix this problem.

thanks

Satfix Buxs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,462x in 1,065 Posts

Does the acer have a hidden recovery boot partition ?

tester2 Guest

no there is no hidden partition,.

tester2 Guest

any help guys, you peoples having good experience,so what is the problem in this laptop.

thanks

Ben Doon Guest

c/p from another forum:

I went on the aspireoneuser.com forum last night and they suggested something slightly different, or I just misinterpreted what was said on here.

1. Unplug AC
    2. Unplug battery
    3. Hold power for 20 secs
    4. Plug in AC (no battery)
    5. Power on
    6. Wait a couple seconds so you know it's booting, then plug in the battery

A step 7 that I also did was to instantly run a bunch of applications to just keep the system active as hell. I have no idea if this last step made the difference, but I'm back in business!
    Rebooted about 3-5 times now without any unexpected shutdowns so far.

sump Guest

First when i have issue with computers ... first thing i check the BIOS 1) that is is correct and the newest 2) that it is the correct BIOS for the operating system u are using ...

that fixes all kinda issues ..

also updates for hardware ...

tester2 Guest

guys I am back again here, because I tried few things, so some thing new comes up below.

I unplug Laptop for a day, after this I insert Vista Bootable Disc, this time my Laptop did not power OFF, but shows a message like this below
    A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver from floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now.
    Note : if the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step...Browse....Ok....Cancel (this 3 buttons shows there)
    after this I can't do any thing, so simply I exit the installation. And on another PC I go to manufacturar site then i look all over there is no CD/DVD driver found.

So in this situation what i have to do, because this time Laptop didn't power OFF while installing from Vista Bootable Disc.

so any help appircated.

ft@t@lk™ Guest

try using a usb cd/dvd drive to install; maybe your optical drive is the problem

tester2 Guest

i forgot to mention in above post, i remove hdd and connect to another pc and format completely. After this use vista disc, so shows above message.

any way i connect external dvd drive and in bios set usb dvd 1st priority, after this never start from usb dvd. So i reput back in internal dvd drive vista disc then notice that usb drivers also required because of this resion usb dvd drive is not working & none of usb sticks are detecting there.

so is there any hope to get back on work this laptop. but still if i try win7 or win xp disc then laptop power OFF completely.

so i just stick to vista Disc, now power is ON, but driver required.

i look on manufacturar site , there is no drivers like this found like usb or dvd drivers etc.

thanks

ft@t@lk™ Guest

u don't need usb drivers to boot off from usb dvd drive
    are you sure your vista disc is bootable? did you burn it yourself or did it come with laptop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast