PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva will rematch with Chael Sonnen

TLG
03-27-2012, 08:20 PM
After months of rumors, the UFC finally confirmed that it will head back to Brazil in June. At Joao Havelange Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Anderson Silva will rematch with Chael Sonnen for the UFC middleweight belt. After a season of coaching of the first Brazilian "The Ultimate Fighter," Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort will fight. To the press release:

"This will be the biggest sporting event of the year," said UFC president Dana White. "Bigger than the NFL, the NBA, you name it - UFC 147 will be the biggest. The whole world wants to see this fight between Silva and Sonnen. We are broadcast in over 150 countries in 22 languages in half a billion homes. Wherever those fans are, they are going to be watching this fight."

Don't anybody tell White, but this is an Olympic year. One fight card in Brazil will not surpass even the opening ceremony for the Summer Olympics, but it's a nice goal. Joao Havelange holds 46,931 for a soccer match, but presumably, floor seats will help the UFC break its record of 55,000 set at UFC 129 in Toronto.

Regardless of how many people tune in or turn out for the fights, this rematch will be fun. The last time the two fought, Sonnen beat up Silva for 4 1/2 rounds. Three minutes into the final round, Silva used a triangle armbar to submit Sonnen. Since then, animosity between the two has reached epic levels. Sonnen still refuses to admit that he lost to Silva.

Though it's still March, the buildup for this fight should border on insane.

laienterprises
03-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Though it's still March, the buildup for this fight should border on insane.

Nuf said, obviously both men have watched and re-watched there last match-up a billion times, both fighters have improved, the question is has silva developed a game plan for Sonnen's ground game, and has Sonnen evolved past just the ground game and hopefully he will test clean as well! I would like to see Sonnen win, but if i'm a betting man, i have to put my money on Silva.

So let's have at is guys and gals, Silva or Sonnen and why!

TLG
03-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Silva ,, because Sonnen is a "babbling Jabbering idiot" the likes of Sean Avery
and I hope Silva slaps the sense into this guy.

Silva ,, because he is a smarter fighter than Sonnen ,, and classier

juka
03-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Silva, was definetly the smarter fighter the first time, but he was getting BEAT badly. Sonnen could have ran away the entire 5 round and the judges would have had to give him the belt.

Didn't I hear the original failed P-test was a false positive? and the results were thrown out? There was something fishy, but I can't remeber the details.

TLG
03-30-2012, 06:35 PM
I disagree ,, &quot;to be the champ you have to beat the champ&quot; ... <br />
and Sonnen is no more than a &quot;SHMUCK&quot; <br />
<br />
further to the failed drug test , he also was charged and convicted of money laundering...

juka
04-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Oh you're right, I love to watch Sonnen fight. The trouble is he opens his mouth and ruins it.