PDA

View Full Version : Overeem Fails Pee Test

jriver309
04-05-2012, 02:07 AM
C/P MMA Junkie

MMAjunkie.com has reported that according to Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer, heavyweight contender Alistair Overeem has failed his pre-fight drug test that was taken following the UFC 146 press conference. It seems his title shot against Junior Dos Santos is in jeopardy.

MMAjunkie reports:

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exceeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

With a heavyweight card lined up underneath, one must wonder if Dana White and the UFC brass will move someone up into the main fight if Overeem does indeed lose his shot.

**UPDATE: Wed. April 4, 5:18pm EST

The MMA Underground has also received word and lists the following on their site:

Today the Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed that Alistair Overeem tested positive for an increased T/E ratio. This is the ratio between testosterone/epitestosteroneratio and is sometimes indicative of the use of steroids. The below was e-mailed to the Underground by Executive Director of the NSAC, Keith Kizer:

The following athletes were tested on March 27: Alistair Overeem, Junior dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva. All test results were negative, except Mr. Overeem tested positive for an increased T/E ratio (> 10). Mr. Overeem will need to appear before the Commission if he seeks licensure.

Last month at the UFC 146 press conference, the Nevada State Athletic Commission surprise tested six of the heavyweight fighters scheduled for May's event.

No official comment has been made by the UFC and it is unsure at this time if his heavyweight title bout with Junior dos Santos is canceled or not.

swanone
04-05-2012, 12:50 PM
now that could sux big time if Overeem is out . i guess that would make it a rematch with cain then .

gus steeler
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
wow, overeem tested positive? If you look at him a couple years back, and then now, it would be obvious to tell, without the pee test!

Laser915
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Funny how everyone was putting Brock Lesnar down come to see the only juice up chump is Overeem....too funny

gus steeler
04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
the reality of it is, they are all juiced up, its no secret anymore, just, some are better than others at the "clean out", i say, let them fight, he's not gonna beat junior dos santos anyhow, jmo.

jriver309
04-06-2012, 09:01 PM
wow, overeem tested positive? If you look at him a couple years back, and then now, it would be obvious to tell, without the pee test!

He definately has gotten crazy big and almost twice the testosterone level allowed to fight. Wonder how long a suspension he will get. I wanted to see this fight.

tekkone
04-20-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm surprised he got caught since he looks like he's been using it for so long. Do they test for steroids in K1?

datafortress
04-20-2012, 06:22 AM
the reality of it is, they are all juiced up, its no secret anymore, just, some are better than others at the "clean out", i say, let them fight, he's not gonna beat junior dos santos anyhow, jmo.

Correct he won't "beat" Dos Santos...he'll destroy Dos Santos!