PDA

View Full Version : Loungo chooses Leafs

whiteheather
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
The off-season just got a lot more interesting for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo confirmed with Sportsnet's Dan Murphy Wednesday night that the Maple Leafs are on the short list of teams he will waive his no-trade clause for. The Tampa Bay Lightning are also said to be on the list that Luongo will reportedly file to Canucks general manager Mike Gillis early next week.

According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Luongo told the Canucks in his exit meeting that he would welcome a trade.

Good luck Louie, you deserve fans that will appreciate you. Canuck so called fans will regret your exit on the 3rd game......you still have my support W/H

kenkell1
04-26-2012, 06:11 PM
The off-season just got a lot more interesting for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo confirmed with Sportsnet's Dan Murphy Wednesday night that the Maple Leafs are on the short list of teams he will waive his no-trade clause for. The Tampa Bay Lightning are also said to be on the list that Luongo will reportedly file to Canucks general manager Mike Gillis early next week.

According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, Luongo told the Canucks in his exit meeting that he would welcome a trade.

Good luck Louie, you deserve fans that will appreciate you. Canuck so called fans will regret your exit on the 3rd game......you still have my support W/H

Good ridence LU ;)

mclovin
04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Another good reason not to cheer for the leafs :D

kenkell1
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Another good reason not to cheer for the leafs :D

LMAo, soooo True.

fonger
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
go leafs go.. :)

ft@t@lk™
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM
it's gonna take more than Luongo in a Leafs net to bring the Cup to Toronto....and keep the opponent from scoring lol

TLG
04-26-2012, 08:00 PM
GP W L

Reimer 34 14 14
Gustavsson 42 17 17

Luongo 55 31 14

Bring him on BABY ,,, anytime !!

Reimer won one or two games for TO and they were hailing him Optimus Reimer !!
Imagine how Luongo would be treated in TO !!

The question is ,,, what would TO have to give up in order to aquire him ..
or what does To have to give up ???

Huuuuuuuuuuum ..:noidea:

whiteheather
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
GP W L

Reimer 34 14 14
Gustavsson 42 17 17

Luongo 55 31 14

maybe just to take on his contract, therefor relieving canucks, of their obligation to pay him. and freeing up some money so they can buy some new players. i think he will go south. tampa bay. closer to his home town, however where he goes, i hope he will be treated better than the so called Canuck fans.......also some of the comments stated here, i take those from where they come from.......................:laughat:

FTA
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
GP W L

Reimer 34 14 14
Gustavsson 42 17 17

Luongo 55 31 14

5,333,333 a year for 10 years

TLG
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
maybe just to take on his contract, therefor relieving canucks, of their obligation to pay him. and freeing up some money so they can buy some new players. i think he will go south. tampa bay. closer to his home town, however where he goes, i hope he will be treated better than the so called Canuck fans.......also some of the comments stated here, i take those from where they come from.......................:laughat:

well ,,, he is 33 years old and still has a good 5 years left ...... here is a bit about him ,,

Luongo is a two-time NHL Second All-Star (2004 and 2007)
winner of the William M. Jennings Trophy
lowest goals-against average in the league 2011
finalist for the Vezina Trophy as the league's best goaltender (2004, 2007 and 2011)
Lester B. Pearson Award as the top player voted by his peers (2004 and 2007)
Hart Memorial Trophy as the league's most valuable player (2007)

I think he has a better chance of winning a cup with Tampa ,, playing with Stamkos , St Louis , Purcell , Malone, LeCavalier
plus a pretty decent coach

and who better to bring him there than ,, Yzerman

whiteheather
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
well ,,, he is 33 years old and still has a good 5 years left ...... Here is a bit about him ,,

luongo is a two-time nhl second all-star (2004 and 2007)
winner of the william m. Jennings trophy
lowest goals-against average in the league 2011
finalist for the vezina trophy as the league's best goaltender (2004, 2007 and 2011)
lester b. Pearson award as the top player voted by his peers (2004 and 2007)
hart memorial trophy as the league's most valuable player (2007)

i think he has a better chance of winning a cup with tampa ,, playing with stamkos , st louis , purcell , malone, lecavalier
plus a pretty decent coach

and who better to bring him there than ,, yzerman

ditto ditto