PDA

View Full Version : Luongo wants out of Vancouver

TLG
04-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Sources say goaltender Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams to the Canucks next week that could pave the way for a trade out of Vancouver and the Toronto Maple Leafs will be one of the teams on that list.

On Tuesday, Luongo said he would agree to waive his no-trade clause if team officials asked him to do so.

"It's going to be what's best for the team," Luongo said on Tuesday. "Whatever scenario that is, I'm okay with it - whether that involves me being here or not is okay. We've got a lot of potential in this locker room, there's a great core of guys, and the chance to do something special."

The Canucks were eliminated from the playoffs by the Los Angeles Kings in Game 5 on Sunday but Luongo did not play in the series after surrendering seven goals on 64 shots in the first two losses in Vancouver. Cory Schneider then started the final three games of the series, giving up four goals on 101 shots with a 1-2 record.

"They've got a guy [Schneider] here that is going to be a superstar in this league for the next 10, 12, 15 years," said Luongo. "It is a business and that's the way it goes. I loved being here the last six years. I think my career has really taken off and we did some incredible things. If I'm here in the future, then great. If I'm not, that's good also."

Luongo, 33, signed a 12-year, $64 million contract extension with the Canucks in 2009.

"I don't want to be one of those guys that will stand in the way of anything, I always want to put the team ahead of me and not be one of those selfish guys," said Luongo. "There haven't been any decisions made, but over the course of the next little while we'll talk to (Canucks GM) Mike (Gillis) and make that decision."

Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman was quick play down a rush make any move regarding Luongo on Thursday morning.

"This is an important decision for our organization and the players involved," he told TSN. "It is not going to be something we discuss publicly throughout the process."

LuckyLarry
04-26-2012, 06:05 PM
A perfect fit in T.O...he will surely die from rubber poisoning there.

Night Prowler
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
the Sabres might trade Enroth for him as a back up.....:D

LuckyLarry
04-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I would have expected him to chose Tampa Bay???His wife lives somewhere near there I thought?Then again,maybe that's why he DOESN'T want to go there...lol.

whiteheather
04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
the Sabres might trade Enroth for him as a back up.....:D

N.P. behave yourself.......lol........:tape:

thunder bird
04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
He would fit in good as a #1 with Toronto, or maybe Florida, as he has a home there.

TLG
04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't know of another team's fans,,, who have treated one of their own as badly as the
Vancouver Cunuck fans have treated Luongo.

The Vancouver fans are probably the reason the hockey world hates the Cunucks ..
the way they treat their players and the way they treat the city (riots)

If I were Lu ,,, I would run as fast as I can out of there.

one last point ,, no matter how much abuse Lu took ,, he never broke down ... right ?
he answered every interview with class ...