craigio
05-13-2012, 07:27 PM
am I the only person who wants to see that fight happen

LuckyLarry
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Who's Sivla?

TLG
05-13-2012, 11:20 PM
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones successfully defended his title with a unanimous decision win over Rashad Evans in the main event of UFC 145 last night (Sat., April 21, 2012) from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

And now we know, officially, who is next victim opponent will be.

UFC President Dana White confirmed at the UFC 145 post-fight press conference that Dan Henderson will be given the title shot he was promised. No event, date or location for the bout was announced.

"Hendo" has been patiently waiting in the wings for his crack at the crown, having last competed at UFC 139 on Nov. 19, 2011. He defeated Mauricio Rua that night in one of the greatest fights in mixed martial arts (MMA) history, the very first five-round non-title main event to be contested inside the Octagon.

The win earned him the right to challenge for either the middleweight or light heavyweight title. He confessed his preference to go after Jones and now that Evans is out of the way and no other credible challenger even exists at present time, the path is clear.

Now the big question -- does Henderson have a legitimate chance at winning the fight?

swanone
05-14-2012, 12:53 PM
am I the only person who wants to see that fight happen

i take it what your asking about is jon jones vs anderson silva . interseting to see if it would be a catch weight or at 205 lbs , jones who walks around at 220 + and anderson how walks around at 200 + . jones will always have weight advantage but dont think he could cut to 195 lbs for a catch weight match up