PDA

View Full Version : What can you say about those Kings

TLG
05-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Kings advance to Stanley Cup final with OT goal just seconds after Dustin Brown's controversial hit ....

Congradulations go out to the LA Kings ... Job well done !!
I wouldn't have thought this outcome at the end of the 2012 season ,,
but what can you say,, those guys are playing their hearts out. and
koodos to LA management for re-uniting Carter and Richards ,,

Carter vs Pheonix 5 points in 5 games
Richards vs Pheonix 3 points in 5 games

Philly's Loss is LA's gain

Costactc
05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
I have to agree with you TLG. In your face style hockey is 8-0 on the road- I can't see anybody stopping them.

bandit2804
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
i really didnt want to see our (winnipegs) old team win anyways--ecspecially couldnt stomach seeing our whiteout stolen by a bunch of band wagon jumping playoff fans-----phonier than a 3 dollar bill i say----:no:

lonster1
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I can say Calgary was dumb moving Sutter to the office. He is a winner as a coach and it is nice to see him back behind the bench again.

TLG
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Phoenix did the impossible !!

when you think that this team has no ownership ,, there have been talks of moving the team
for the last 2-3 years ,, and their captain asked to be traded before seasons end ...

how they bonded together to beat Chicago and the Preds was incredible accomplishment ..

one guy worth mentioning is Mike Smyth .. he was a big reason they advanced

bandit2804
05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
very well said---hope the city and the state will finally honour them all season not just in the playoffs--btw you are right they really did do a hell of a job---------thumbs up!

Bollocks
05-24-2012, 03:23 AM
What would have happened if Phx won the cup?
Would Bettman walk out on the ice and lift the cup too?
Would he get a ring?
I think he would be entitled since the NHL owns the team

TLG
05-24-2012, 09:59 AM
The quick answer to that is. ,,, no

The captain raises the cup and then the team gets the chance to hoist it
Followed by the coaches ,,,

I have never seen team owners on the ice during cup celebrations

Bettman is the commish not the owner so he does not get a ring
he just gets to look foolish ,,, as usual

whiteheather
05-24-2012, 04:43 PM
the game was marred by officiating controversy. the refs screwed up on the late hit, which was a blatant penaly, and a dirty play by Brown... whether LA would have won it or Phoenix. the Brown hit was a turning point. in taking out Phoenix best player.....i'm now shouting for the Devils....................

theshark
05-24-2012, 04:49 PM
i need the kings to keep rolling to win my fantasy playoff hockey league i have quick as my goalie and i need the devisl to win and see a number 8 and 6 in the cup

TLG
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
the game was marred by officiating controversy. the refs screwed up on the late hit, which was a blatant penaly, and a dirty play by Brown... whether LA would have won it or Phoenix. the Brown hit was a turning point. in taking out Phoenix best player.....i'm now shouting for the Devils....................

well not to take anything away from LA ,, but the best team won .. Phoenix had 3 previous chances but clearly they were out played
we cant make something like an uncalled (questionable) penalty mar the outcome .. lets face it Pheonix woulnd't have beaten LA

i need the kings to keep rolling to win my fantasy playoff hockey league i have quick as my goalie and i need the devisl to win and see a number 8 and 6 in the cup

well it looks like your gonna be a winner .. good picks !!