PDA

View Full Version : 2 dishes setup advise?

popol
05-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi guys,

I have a 1000 Plus Dish and sats 110/118/119/129 working great with the DPP44 & power inserter and going to 2 receivers! Note that the DPP44 is full already (iow, I've used up all 4 coax cables inputs). Now, I've just added new dish with a true FTA lnb. How do I add that cable (sat 97) to the mix????

Is there a 6x4 or 6x6 switch that would work?
or
I have a new 4x1 diseq switch... can I use that? if so how? remember I have 2 receivers!

Any other affordable recommendation?

Thanks

satchick
05-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Get yourself two Ecoda 22k switches, one for each receiver. Connect your DP44 outputs to the OFF side of the 22k switch, and connect an output from the 97w LNB to the ON side of the 22k switch.

I'm not sure if a regular Diseqc switch will pass the commands to control the DP44, which is why I recommend using a 22k switch.

popol
05-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Get yourself two Ecoda 22k switches, one for each receiver. Connect your DP44 outputs to the OFF side of the 22k switch, and connect an output from the 97w LNB to the ON side of the 22k switch.

I'm not sure if a regular Diseqc switch will pass the commands to control the DP44, which is why I recommend using a 22k switch.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I follow...you suggested I buy 2 ecoda sw, but in your cnx description you're referring to one only! can you pls elaborate? also you referring to ON and OFF sides of the ecoda sw...do you mean input and output sides? ON=IN & OFF=OUT??? Also regarding the ecoda switch do I get 2x1 or a 4x1..not clear from your post above. THX

satchick
05-27-2012, 10:01 PM
22k switches have two inputs and one output. One of the inputs is active when the receiver sends a 22kHz tone (this would be the ON side) and the other input is active in the absence of the tone (the OFF side). The output obviously connects to your receiver.

Yes, I only made reference to one switch, however you just replicate the same setup for the second receiver.

popol
05-28-2012, 01:47 AM
22k switches have two inputs and one output. One of the inputs is active when the receiver sends a 22kHz tone (this would be the ON side) and the other input is active in the absence of the tone (the OFF side). The output obviously connects to your receiver.

Yes, I only made reference to one switch, however you just replicate the same setup for the second receiver.

Thanks I will give it a shot. Cheers!