PDA

View Full Version : l n b settings

secheltpaul
01-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Could some one please tell me What the L N B F number settings on the receiver for 91west using universal linear L N B F would be?
Trying to give Catdaddy a hand but I use standard L N B F and not sure of settings for universal L N B F. Thanks for your help

WillDekkard
01-09-2010, 07:10 AM
LNB Freq: 9750MHz/10600MHz - 22KHz is set to auto. If you have a 22KHz switch on that LNB, it won't work properly. :yes:

secheltpaul
01-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks Willdekkard. This helps me a lot. I will put this in my sat file.
So are the universal L N B settings the same for the other satellites as well?
Thanks again will.

TurboPirate
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks Willdekkard. This helps me a lot. I will put this in my sat file.
So are the universal L N B settings the same for the other satellites as well?
Thanks again will.

Yes, not only a sat has specs also the LNB, you can aim to 97west to use as example, if you have linear standard LNB the settings are like this
LNB Freq 10750
22khz OFF
If you aiming to the same sat but the LNB is a linear universal then the settings are like Willdekard said
LNB Freq 9750/10600
22khz Auto.
Like Willdekard said, if you have a 22khz switch it wont work correctly because universal LNB has an internal 22khz switch. Hope this helps.

andyb2
01-09-2010, 07:20 PM
A usefull topic.I learned something/remembered something I forgot while scanning atlantic sats and found nothing.I forgot about the 22k switch.Now I gotta reassemble everything and try again lol.Not a big deal.Its only about -12C out there. :(

suzy-Q
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Could some one please tell me What the L N B F number settings on the receiver for 91west using universal linear L N B F would be?
Trying to give Catdaddy a hand but I use standard L N B F and not sure of settings for universal L N B F. Thanks for your help
Perhaps I am having a bit of a bad hair day...but I am not sure what you are trying to do here...lol!
You have indicated receiver settings for 91 west. 91 west is either bev on Nimiq 1 or Galaxy 17. For 91 west you need a circular lnb with lnb frequency of 11250 and for Galaxy your need linear lnb with frequency 10750.
Could you please explain what you are trying to do here...many thanks.
For Bev at 91 you have to have an IKS receiver to get anything at the moment.
As for Galaxy 17..I don't think anything is really available for you on KU.
Some clarity would be appreciated....thanks.

secheltpaul
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
SQ
Helping some one trying for g17 with universal L N B I only use standard so wanted to check on settings but got it figured thanks for you response.

TurboPirate
01-09-2010, 09:07 PM
SQ
Helping some one trying for g17 with universal L N B I only use standard so wanted to check on settings but got it figured thanks for you response.

Don't forget to share what you found on that sat after scanning it. It will help others.

andyb2
01-10-2010, 04:09 AM
Actually a fair amount of wild feeds on that sat at times Suzy.Still the OP would get better reception with a lnb for the right frequency.

catdaddy357
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
you guys convinced me im gettin a standard lnb and setting up my other 36 inch dish. thanx for all the help and ill let u all know how it turns out:okay:

secheltpaul
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Not sure if I should start a new post for this question. Please let me now.
We have a good understanding about different L N B types and settings. Thanks for the all help.
I would now like to give him a strong transponder on GALAXY 17- 91west ku band to tune in on. I do not have a dish on this sat right now and was wondering if some one on g17 could give us a strong tp to us? Looking at lyngsat I see two Hughes net tp’s there usually
Strong to tune in with and a test card to try for. Maybe some on could put their dish on this sat and see what is a strong tp. He is in Illinois
Thanks everyone for all you help.

sneerboy
01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
91 (G17 AKA G11)-12050 V 13350

Try that.

And it's your thread, do what you like with it.
:)