PDA

View Full Version : Coxial Wireless transmitter

tachikoma
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I know there is some legal issues with concept of taking a signal and rebroadcasting it.. I am just curious if someone has gotten around it.

I had to move my gear to the back of the house.. the dishes are in the front. This is a solid brick house, without blowing holes through double brick walls (many between here and there) I'd like to have some kind of coaxial wireless bridge inbetween just to get around the cabling mess.

Anything available, questionable or otherwise to do this?

satchick
06-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Short answer is, no... It's not technically possible to do this.

Terryl
06-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Well it all depends on how much you really want to spend, I have several ways, but it would cost in the thousands.

It would be better to run the coax around the outside of the house, then come in 1 wall, or move the dishes.

jvvh5897
06-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Move the reciever to the dishes, use a wireless remote control and amplify the TV modulator out to a level that you could pick up the signal around your house on an un-used OTA channel, run AC to the receiver.

satchick
06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Move the reciever to the dishes, use a wireless remote control and amplify the TV modulator out to a level that you could pick up the signal around your house on an un-used OTA channel, run AC to the receiver.

...And get a fine from the FCC/Industry Canada for broadcasting without a license. If you were to go the route of locating the receivers near the dishes, you'd need to use the wireless composite video extenders, since they operate in unlicensed bands.

Moving the dishes would be the preferred option if there really is no way to pull cable... Do you not have attic or basement/crawlspace access?