PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals' Boldin doesn't practice, hopes to play

KIDWCKED
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
c\p from espn
Associated Press

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona's Anquan Boldin is doing everything he can to be healthy enough to play in the Cardinals' wild-card game against the Green Bay Packers.

The three-time Pro Bowl receiver didn't practice again on Friday because of a left high ankle sprain, a condition compounded by a sprained left knee. He was listed as questionable for Sunday's game.

He said doctors have been at his house at night "poking and prodding" and he's had acupuncture treatments.

NFC West blog
ESPN.com's Mike Sando

"I'm doing everything within my power to make sure I'm on the field Sunday," Boldin said. "If I'm not able to go, trust me, it won't be anything I didn't do."

Coach Ken Whisenhunt says Boldin's participation will be a game-time decision.

"He's doing a good job. He's progressing well," Whisenhunt said, "but we won't know until Sunday."

Three of Arizona's other injured players, all starters, practiced on a limited basis: defensive end Calais Campbell (broken left thumb), safety Antrel Rolle (injured right thigh), and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (bruised left kneecap).

All were listed as questionable, as was starting right guard Deuce Lutui, who went through a full practice after missing Thursday's workout with back spasms.

Boldin was hurt in Sunday's 33-7 loss to the Packers. Although Whisenhunt pulled most of his starters early, he left Boldin in the game in the third quarter to help struggling backup quarterback Matt Leinart.

Boldin missed a game earlier this season with a right high ankle sprain, although he complained at the time that he was healthy enough to play. With a career checkered with injuries, this wouldn't be the first time Boldin has played without practicing the previous week.

"Every day I wake up it's a little better," he said. "Today it's a little sore just from all the stuff I've been doing during the week. ... Today I'm going to let it rest and see how it settles down and maybe test it tomorrow."

Campbell was planning to play, cast or no cast.

"I don't think it will hurt too bad," he said. "It might help a little on the pass rush and chopping and ripping and all that good stuff. We'll see what happens."

Rolle, a Pro Bowl alternate, sat out the last game and was limited on Friday.

"It's kind of frustrating because it's one particular movement that complicates everything, but it's' going along very well," he said. "I'm doing rehab from six in the morning to sometimes midnight, one o'clock in the morning, so I'm kind of tired."

Rolle, second on the team to linebacker Karlos Dansby with 90 tackles, also has four interceptions -- one returned for a touchdown -- 1½ sacks and five quarterback hits. He said he might have to just fight through the pain.

"There's a lot at stake. I was talking to Bertrand [Berry] today, and he said he's played 13 years and been in four playoff games," Rolle said. "If I can fight through it, I'm going to fight it. That's what I'm going to do."

Rodgers-Cromartie was progressing well after being hurt when he fell on a receiver's cleat on the third play last Sunday.

"He looks fine to me from what I've seen," Whisenhunt said. "He has a lot of energy moving around out here. He looks good."