PDA

View Full Version : gmc access to history

theshark
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
all,

i have a gmc envoy would any of the members have access to the gmc history of the vehicle i can give the vin number if needed or anyone have access to the carmax without paying for it

thanks

iq180
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
all,

i have a gmc envoy would any of the members have access to the gmc history of the vehicle i can give the vin number if needed or anyone have access to the carmax without paying for it

thanks

try to google your local dmv, you mite find the option to see the history by vin #.

satchick
06-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Depending on the jurisdiction, DMV records may only tell you the ownership history and if the title is branded, it's not as detailed as a Carproof report. In Ontario, the seller is required to provide a Used Vehicle Package which contains this information.

Are you purchasing the vehicle from a licensed dealership? If so, they should run a Carproof report themselves.

If this is a private sale, you'll have to run your own report.

Keep in mind that a Carproof report is not always going to be accurate as they get their information from the insurance bureau and financial institutions. The vehicle could still have been damaged even to the point of a total loss and repaired "cash and carry" without filing an insurance claim. You should always have a reputable mechanic (and not the selling dealership either) perform a pre-purchase inspection. Even if your jurisdiction requires a safety inspection, it's no substitute for a pre-purchase inspection because the safety is just to ensure roadworthiness, and not mechanical fitness.

*Carproof is Canadian, Carfax is American

LuckyLarry
06-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Well sais Satchick:I perform this service many time a year. <br />
Too many accidents go non-reported,and end up being fixed on the sly.carfax is little, if no help in this case. <br />
No substitute for a...