PDA

View Full Version : lnb for dp44 or sw44

jubaitca
06-23-2012, 05:39 PM
i heard there might be some lnb restrictions for sw44 and dp44 switches...i use these lnbs on my dish:

http://www.ftasatellitedishreceiver.com/lnb
would any of these work with either sw44 or dp44?

Terryl
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM
First things first, no live outside links please, you can make them dead ones by doing the following , hXXp://, that will make them dead.

Now for the switches.

The SW44 switch will only work with legacy LNB's, these LNB's use a DC voltage to go between the satellite transponders, so 2 connections to each LNB is required, one for 13 volts, the other for 18 volts.

So the SW44 switch is only good for 2 LNB's, and 2 satellites.

The DP44 switch will work best with the Dish type circular LNB's, these LNB's use what is call "band stacking", band stacking LNB's put out a higher then normal frequency then other LNB's.

So the DP44 should only be used with a DP type LNB.

Now there are several types of DP LNB's, one is the DP dual, this is a single satellite dual output LNB, you need 1 for each satellite.

Next is the DP twin LNB, this LNB can be used for 2 satellites spaced 9 degrees apart, (110/119 or 82/92) it too has 2 outputs.
There are newer type DP twin LNB's, they have an LNB input, this can be used for a second DP dual LNB.

Next is the DP quad LNB, it has 4 outputs for 4 receivers, it is used for 2 satellites.

The DP twin and DP quad LNB's have internal switches, so an external one is not needed, only if you need to run more then 2 or 4 receivers would the DP44 switch be needed.

Next is the D1000 LNB, this LNB will pick up 3 satellites, (4 when the external input is used) and run 3 receivers, there are 2 types, one for the East coast, and one for the West coast.

Now the D1000 LNB is a power hog, 90% of most FTA receivers out there will have problems with this type of LNB, so the DP44 power inserter for the DP44 switch can be used to run it correctly.

And last is the special dual satellite DP LNB for 118/119, this can only be used with the DP44 switch.

jubaitca
06-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Sorry for the live link. So, none of the lnb's in that website will work? I have my dish setup with those.

I have got dp lnb's, but I don't think I can use them on those regular 33" circular dish...

Terryl
06-24-2012, 03:40 AM
If you don't have a dish that will work with Dish type LNB's and you need more then one feed ( two receivers) you can use a 4x2 switch from EMP (see link below) this will run 4 LNB's (standard and Dish type) and two receivers.

http://www.incrediblefta.com/item/247/1/1/emp-centauri-4x2-diseqc-switch.html