PDA

View Full Version : Roach: Pacquiao could fight Mosley-Berto winner

KIDWCKED
01-10-2010, 06:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c\p
By William Mackay On Friday Night Fights, trainer Freddie Roach said that World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao could face the winner of the January 30th unification bout between WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto vs. WBA title holder Shane Mosley. Roach went on to say that Pacquiao didn’t need a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr., this after their negotiation talks collapsed last week with a failed last ditch effort by an outside mediator.

One thing that Roach seems to be forgetting about the unification bout between Mosley and Berto is that if Mosley emerges as the winner, he might insist that Pacquiao take random blood tests in order for him to fight him. Mosley is part of Golden Boy Promotions and it’s difficult to imagine that he wouldn’t want Pacquiao to take blood tests before fighting him.

That would be a killer if Mosley asks for Pacquiao to do that, because this was what brought the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight down. However, Mosley, if he’s smart, will forgo the blood tests and just take the fight anyway, letting the random urine tests be the drug testing choice for the fight. Mosley would get a huge payday by fighting Pacquiao, so it’s difficult to imagine that Mosley would want to flush his bout against Pacquiao down the drain by insisting on random blood tests.
Last year, Mosley was willing to drain down to a 143 pound catch weight just so that he could get a shot at fighting Pacquiao. However, instead Pacquiao was steered towards WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto. That fight turned out to be an easy one for Pacquiao, as he dominated Cotto for 11 rounds before taking him out with a flurry of punches in the 12th. Mosley would be a very tough fight for Pacquiao.
Mosley, even at 38, might be the best welterweight in the division aside from Mayweather. Mosley is a tough fighter who can slug as well as box. He also has fast hands and would be able to match Pacquiao in the hand speed department. He’s not a come forward type of fighter like Pacquiao’s last two opponents Ricky Hatton and Cotto, so Pacquiao would have to move more than he’s been accustomed to doing in his last several fights.
If Berto emerges the winner of the Mosley bout, this would seem to be a much easier fight for Pacquiao compared to the Mosley bout. Berto comes after his opponents and tries to slug with them. He’s changed his style dramatically in the past year and become a punch and grab type fighter, but that style wouldn’t help him much against Pacquiao. Berto would have to keep away from Pacquiao and try to minimize his exchanges if he didn’t want to get beaten up in the fight.

jessbernal59
01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Yah!,....you are right no comments. Me!,... Pacquiao is the best welterwieght among of all welterwieght boxers, he can dominated every body thats why Mayweather ( coward )find a small alibi just only to escape the fight, could you imagine only a little drops of blood the fight is over.Oh!,... my GOD!, i like to see the fight.:noidea::noidea::noidea:

KIDWCKED
01-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Yah!,....you are right no comments. Me!,... Pacquiao is the best welterwieght among of all welterwieght boxers, he can dominated every body thats why Mayweather ( coward )find a small alibi just only to escape the fight, could you imagine only a little drops of blood the fight is over.Oh!,... my GOD!, i like to see the fight.:noidea::noidea::noidea:

Clottey is no slouch..this should be a decent fight.i personally think clottey beat cotto in there last appearance...whatever the less it was a good pik for decent card..