PDA

View Full Version : dual tuner second remote control signal

TurboPirate
07-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Hello gang, have a problem with a VIP 222k. Second TV is not far from the STB but the signal for the remote control to work once the door is closed is completely imposible, I was thinking on using the diplexers to move the small antenna from STB, to the back of the second TV, using VHF/UHF for the home distribution and the SAT for the small antena, any suggestions specialy from the guru. Thanks in advance turbo

Terryl
07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
You don't have the attenuators on the remote antenna do you?

The antenna on the receiver should be as vertical as possible, but sometimes this is not possible, what I do is to bend the antenna at a point 90 degrees so it will stand as vertical as possible, this will also give you horizontal and vertical polarization on the antenna.

Also the remotes UHF signal can be interfered with, try using a different channel for the remote, look in the receivers manual on how to do this.

TurboPirate
08-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Nope, don't have the atenuators. Thanks for the info, I did tried another channels but on those channels the remote does't work, if you change the channel on the STB, it will also change channel on the room's TV,Thanks TURBO

dishuser
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
change remote address

TurboPirate
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Found a diagram to move the antenna to the room where the 2nd TV is. Gonna try that one thanks for the info gang. TURBO

TurboPirate
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Now I know why it didn't work my first try, when it comes to "home distribution" and "antenna" from the back of the receiver the Diplexer is no good, the proper switch is a 2 way common splitter. Thanks gang.