PDA

View Full Version : Wep Key Cracking for Android

TrailerTrash
08-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Looking for a program called Penetrate Pro. This program was taken off the android market, and the only versions that i have been able to find were on 4shared, however these programs all contained viruses that were blocked by my anti virus on my phone.

I lost my wep passphase :grr:, and ummm :tehe: I would like to use my driod 3 to pick up my wireless signal and test it.

Does anyone know where i might be able to obtain a copy of Penetrate Pro or something similar for my droid 3.

Thanks in advance.

blewie
08-08-2012, 10:46 PM
it says it the blog post that it will set off the AV, watch the permissions when installing.
(Sorry that will allow someone to crack into someone else's WIFI, not allowed here)(by Terryl)

Terryl
08-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry guys we wont allow any links to any software that will crack someone else's WEP security on their WIFI, Google for it, but don't post it here please.

If you lost your WEP pass phrase, then reset your modem and start over.(little hole in back by the power input)

homer_™
08-08-2012, 11:08 PM
The backtrack 5 OS can run in on a rooted android phone. Last I read there were some issues with aireplay-ng. So wifi cracking via backtrack mobile is fairly limited at this time.

without injection you will probably run out of battery power before you get enough useful IVs

Terryl
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
And a word to all:

Hacking or cracking into someone else's WIFI (without their permission) in a lot of States in the US, is a violation of wiretapping laws, and can wind you in jail for 5 years or more.(when caught, prosecuted, and found guilty)

homer_™
08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Yes I agree it's more serious than stealing TV, but it's nearly impossible to prove especially if you spoof your mac address.

Terryl
08-08-2012, 11:53 PM
I remotely monitor (with professional software) about 83 WIFI systems that I have installed around my area, when I get an intruder detected notification, I go mobile and track them down.( I have nothing else to do)(and it's fun)

I have sent 3 intruders (so far) to the DA for prosecution, one has been convicted, but I don't know what happened after that.(all that I cared about was that he got jail time)

I have a special device that I use to triangulate on transmitters,(WIFI uses radio waves, I can track them) it goes to 5 GHz, I don't like WIFI hackers, not in my systems.

iceshark
08-09-2012, 05:08 AM
I am a contributor on XDA forums for droid development. Do not want to break rules or I would post link. So here is where it is
Do google search on APTOIDE. Bazaar market. Do search for Penetrate Pro. Its there in many versions.

Plus many other great apks.

Have fun!

iceshark
08-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Borrowing WIFI is not a crime as far as if they have there WEP or encryption turned off. It its unlocked it can be used and will not stand up in court> Would never get that far. But breaking code to get it is bad mojo and a federal offense. Data is so cheap these days why risk it. IMO.

noone
08-09-2012, 05:21 AM
Borrowing WIFI is not a crime as far as if they have there WEP or encryption turned off. It its unlocked it can be used and will not stand up in court> Would never get that far. But breaking code to get it is bad mojo and a federal offense. Data is so cheap these days why risk it. IMO.

Many states in the US are cracking down on even using unsecured networks without permission.... more so if you are using it for illegal activity (iks, warez, downloading movies....etc)

and as TerryL stated, you can be found.....

Night_Predator
08-09-2012, 06:20 AM

Borrowing? That’s a nice euphemism. Officer I only borrowed his car since he left the door open and the key in it. “Borrowing” someone else’s wifi is called theft of services and depending on what, when, where, for what purpose and who its being “Borrowed” from it can be a misdemeanor right up to a felony. Taking what belongs to someone else without permission is theft no matter what one what’s to calls it.

iceshark
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Borrowing? That’s a nice euphemism. Officer I only borrowed his car since he left the door open and the key in it. “Borrowing” someone else’s wifi is called theft of services and depending on what, when, where, for what purpose and who its being “Borrowed” from it can be a misdemeanor right up to a felony. Taking what belongs to someone else without permission is theft no matter what one what’s to calls it.

I agree and disagree. If it is used for an illiegal operation I think you lose go to jail! However find me the law where you can be arrested for using WIFI on an unencryped signal.... I saw this brought up on XDA and there were plenty of forum attorneys saying it was law. But no one could produce the law.
One argument to why it is not law is that many bars, coffee shope ect offer free wifi. However it is availble to non customers next door or in parking lot as its not a signal confinded to a space. So any signal like a radio station if someone was operating one in a house or walkie talkies is open to use.... Again, I am far from an attorney but I will admit as a Director for a large retail company I used to before teather drive down a block till I got free WIFI to check my emails..... No one I have ever seen proven has went ot jail for this. Again, not trying to say its right or wrong... Just interesting how I see this claim all the time

http://news.cnet.com/2100-7351_3-5778822.html

TurboPirate
08-09-2012, 11:04 AM

Indeed you are right specially last sentense "its not worth it"
Tittle of the thread says "hack" that is why it got the attention of the staff.

dishuser
08-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Borrowing? That’s a nice euphemism. Officer I only borrowed his car since he left the door open and the key in it. “Borrowing” someone else’s wifi is called theft of services and depending on what, when, where, for what purpose and who its being “Borrowed” from it can be a misdemeanor right up to a felony. Taking what belongs to someone else without permission is theft no matter what one what’s to calls it.considering there's so many places offering free wifi like rotten ronnie's and timmie's for example how would a person know they're using just the average joe's unsecured wifi?

TrailerTrash
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
sorry for causing any issues, that was not my intention, thank you to all who responded.

TurboPirate
08-10-2012, 11:36 AM
sorry for causing any issues, that was not my intention, thank you to all who responded.
no worries, just making sure who ever finds or google this thread knows it is not a cracking wifi info,

Terryl
08-10-2012, 07:15 PM
It is defined in some states as "unauthorized access of a computer network", if they know your there (WIFI hot spots) then it's OK, but if the guy down the street doesnt know, and he is stupid enough to not encrypt his WIFI router with some form of protection, then in some states it is illegal to do so with out the owner's permission.

Here is a link to some other links on this, look in the references list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_piggybacking#Legislation

Enjoy

homer_™
08-10-2012, 08:19 PM
They have kids out there that go on these "war drives" all across cities in the united states. They are equipped with a strong wireless antena, an android smart phone with GPS, and a PC with a program running called Kismet. What Kismet does is it logs the basic network information within range and the GPS coordinates of every wirless network it finds. Then they take this data and upload it to the WiGLE database. The WiGLE database is a consolidation of logged wireless networks all over the country published over a google earth map. Anyone can google WiGLE.net and see if their home network has be logged and uploaded. You will see and arial view of your house with a little Icon beside it showing your router brandname and your wirless encryption type, if any. It's pretty surprising.....

That's why I say anyone who is still using wep is out of their mind. They should be using the highest encryption possible. Any encryption can be broken, even mac filtering can be compromised. The crackers will go for the lower hanging fruit first to save time.

noone
08-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I certainly agree with Homer on this ....When choosing your own security , use WPA2 and use letters, numbers and symbols for your pass......