PDA

View Full Version : I want to connect 2 hydraulic contol valves in inline.

runamok
08-12-2012, 12:26 AM
I have a home made log splitter and I mounted a log lift to it.How do I run 2 valves in series.

1.Connect both IN's to pump pressure side and OUT's to tank?
2.Go from the OUT on splitting valve to IN on lift valve and OUT to tank?

I had it working some what on #1 setup until the old valve messed up.I have a new single spool valve I want to use.They sell a 2 spool valve ($229) for this but I already have the stuff.

anyonomus
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I have a home made log splitter and I mounted a log lift to it.How do I run 2 valves in series.

1.Connect both IN's to pump pressure side and OUT's to tank?
2.Go from the OUT on splitting valve to IN on lift valve and OUT to tank?

I had it working some what on #1 setup until the old valve messed up.I have a new single spool valve I want to use.They sell a 2 spool valve ($229) for this but I already have the stuff.

Hmmm.. U would not want to run them in series.. that would mean that the slave(second) valve would be running at low pressure.
parallel is what u are looking for.. That way both valves will have the full pump pressure.
All valves have a(low pressure/High Pressure) LP and a HP side ... Some have a bypass where u can tie into the main valve and supply pump pressure to another device(slave)or second valve..
Look at the specs on your valve(google) and see if u have a bypass port on one or the other.. The one with the bypass port should be put as the Master and the other valve as the slave...(lift)
Otherwise u will have to run two separate full pressure lines from the pump as far as I know.

runamok
08-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Hmmm.. U would not want to run them in series.. that would mean that the slave(second) valve would be running at low pressure.
parallel is what u are looking for.. That way both valves will have the full pump pressure.
All valves have a(low pressure/High Pressure) LP and a HP side ... Some have a bypass where u can tie into the main valve and supply pump pressure to another device(slave)or second valve..
Look at the specs on your valve(google) and see if u have a bypass port on one or the other.. The one with the bypass port should be put as the Master and the other valve as the slave...(lift)
Otherwise u will have to run two separate full pressure lines from the pump as far as I know.

The log splitter detent valve doesn't have a BYD (power beyond) port but the lift valve does.That port will connect to the IN on splitter valve and other ports are connected normally.I think I fried the first lift valve but have 2 more.lol