PDA

View Full Version : Jynxbox Ultra Giveaway

Nostradamus
08-31-2012, 02:00 AM
Contest rules:

Well its here! After weeks of reading and seeing users frustration about the EPG.

We have decided to give you guys more than what you have asked for.
We are happy to announce that the Team at JYNX MEDIA has successfully Implemented a 9 DAY EPG on the JYNXBOX ULTRA HD.

Yes you heard this right....9 DAY EPG!!! This is a first in the FTA industry.

There have been some claims but none with any substantial results. We are so happy of our work that we want you the user to experience this first hand by drawing a Free JYNXBOX ULTRA HD so you can experience this great achievement. We are always striving to be better and we will always work with you the users to make this box evolve to what we think will be the best HD box money can buy in the IKS market.

We are dedicated to our Products and will never abandon our users Trust in our Products. When we said we had the best Team in the industry, we meant it!

To be eligible for a FREE UNIT you need to write a 3 sentence (approx) comment as to what you would like to see in the next release of the Jynxbox Ultra HD Firmware. We are looking at Smart comments, polite and to the point. Why you think Adding the Feature would help make this box better.

If we like your comments, we will move it to the final draw which will be sometime on the week of September 3rd 2012. The winner will be picked at random, The free unit includes free shipping to any City in North America, it will be done through one of our Trusted Dealers in USA or Canada.

Good Luck to everyone!
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE STAFF FOR ALLOWING US TO HAVE A VOICE!

TEAM JYNX

Hunter11
08-31-2012, 02:23 AM
I would like to see the Jynxbox be able to network back to a PC and Nas products. It is Great to see the FTA capabilities come to light but the media player network would be a very nice bonus indeed. It would have to be compatible with windows 7 so it can recognize the hard drives larger than a 2.2 terabyte storage capacity. With this feature alone would make a nice gift for anyone throughout the year.

P.S. Good luck to all participating in this generous draw!!

splitshot
08-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Well, there's so much to go on here. A network capability would be amazing and set it ahead of any box to date. The ability to grab off a pc both video's, pictures and audio clips through a connected external HD would be a game changer in the community and would in doubt ably set the precedent for new directions in what a receiver could do. It I believe would be remembered for years to come. Years from now, we all could say that we were apart of history and we were the testers that lived day to day from the growing pains to the smooth sailing.

Nice, post #2.

Quantum-Entangled
08-31-2012, 03:11 AM
I would love to test one of these new boxes as I love testing new boxes. However, i feel im at a disadvantage in this contest as I dont know what to suggest since i dont know what is there and what is not.....that being said, heres my 3 sentences........

Im very interested in this box for the dual tuner (HD) and would love to see the PVR feature function flawlessly. World Cup is coming and now multiple games in each round start at the same time...how do u choose which one to watch?? Enough said. I would love to see this box solve the timing issue in the multi-server feature....many svrs offer many different things and in order to get everything you need many svrs. Right now its a pain turning svrs on and off to test rare channels freeze free.

If these things have been already been accomplished, than well done....u may just have the ultimate box.

Cheers
QE

nevergiveup
08-31-2012, 04:26 AM
The most important feature any FTA box needs is to reliably display any channel the IKS server provides.
Other desirable features in order of importance:
Closed captions, at least for SD channels.
Being able to watch one channel and record another.
On playback, able to skip forward 10, 20, 30 seconds.
Ability to save box info on a usb device and boot off that device if system software fails.
Be able to write back to box to restore the saved info if system software fails.
Be able to access a shared network drive on a PC and play media off that drive.
Have a source of parts (power supply, tuners, HD module) that when go back can replace.

Nostradamus
08-31-2012, 04:49 AM
off topic posts have been soft deleted

BHill
08-31-2012, 04:52 AM
"To be eligible for a FREE UNIT you need to write a 3 sentence (approx)
comment as to what you would like to see in the next release of the Jynxbox Ultra HD Firmware. We are looking at Smart comments, polite and to the point. Why you think Adding the Feature would help make this box better."

1 Well first I need a unit so that I can test it to be able to tell you what it needs.

2 If I had one I know how to test it to death.

3 I would test it with a motor and two different providers.

sonic_8400
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't have box so i can post what i read from review about the box spec.

1. Fix the any bug the box have.
2. Add home streaming like nanosat.
3. Dual tuner with UHF Remote or some how control like DN vip.

mechanicman
08-31-2012, 03:40 PM
1 while recording, be able to watch another channel on same TP... like sonicview HD.
2 have a perfect EPG meaning at least a day or two with no gaps of no information...only sonicviews and viewsats seam to have this..
3 manufacture and sell a dual tuner add and extra uhf remote.

this would be the king of boxes and leave everyone far far behind.

sneakymise
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
I had great expectations for this receiver and before the new bin release, I was quite disappointed. The new bin has fixed some issues and I am glad to see your team was responsive to all the comments.

What I`d like to see from this unit, in the near future would most likely be, the release of the ATSC tuner, but please make it a good one.
Fixing the issue of the lag with remote that sometimes occurs would help too.

When adding a tp through manual scan screen, please put the option to select between QPSK and 8PSK.

Last thing, if possible, please make it possible to check what`s playing on other channels while remaining on a channel. (like DNreceivers do and some other ftas)

Thank you Team jynxbox!

Lowteck
08-31-2012, 04:04 PM
The biggest thing would be to compare the features of the Nfusion HD, the Sonicview HD, the Limesat HD, and any other HD receiver including the D*** HD unit and come up with the best of all the receivers and improve on them. Then and only then would this be the best receiver without question or challenge from anyone. The potential is there. Another thing would be an app feature so thing could be added in the streaming end like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, and VODO, so these features could be added as app were made available. I say this because I can only compare one HD receiver, and have a streaming device that lacks some of those services which I would like.

scifiguy
08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
To keep it simple...

Next release should have a fix for the scanning issues people have. Then it should have the PVR function fixed so that recording any channel produces unencrypted file. When those are fixed it should then be able to play all of the media files you were hoping that it would. Working over the network would be nice, but you really have to get it to play all of the media files from the USB or microSD first. I believe that these are really basic functions that the folks really want working now.

Scifiguy...

cheezed
08-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Simple and to the point:
1-Home network Streaming.
2-IKS switching between different services with single button on remote.
3-Dual tuner function "watch one channel and record a different channel with no size limit of program: example 2hrs-4hrs (sporting events.)

Nostradamus
08-31-2012, 11:51 PM
keep the ideas coming guys I see some good input here for the jynx boyz

GinHo
09-01-2012, 12:11 AM
I would like to see the box evolve to have a web server utility. With this the ability to log into the box from the internet to see what has been recorded, scheduled to record, and to create recording timers. Also the ability to transfer recordings to and from a hard disk/USB stick attached to the USB port. Apps for your smart phone or computer to play back or view live video with the ability to re-encode the streams to minimize the data transfering for these functions. For now, I would like the video recorded to be unencrypted for it can be transfered off of the hard disk/USB stick attached to the USB port to a PC for it can be edited or played back. The EPG is a good start and looks promissing, but need to be worked on to have proper and not corrupted data. I do like the ability it has now of pressing the record button multiple times for various pre set recording lengths. Also needed is the ability to stream files from your desktop or notebook computer to play on the JynxBox. Ability to add user apps like Netflix, YouTube and Google would certainly be good. So far it has started off good, and is progressing along. Keep up the progression and it will certainly be a gem.

nareshwarr22
09-01-2012, 12:24 AM
I thinks the jynxbox should be able to:

1. Be able to do network streaming.

2. Be able to switch between different services and also the user should have a option on how often it wants to switch between the different services.

3. Be able to add different apps like Hulu, Netflix and Youtube.

fitterguy
09-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Like the box but would like to see a couple of things.

1..... Would like to see the response time on the remote improved.
2..... Would like to see on the information screen, if you are connected to server. eg: 1,2 or 3
3.... Would like if the guide would indicate if it is a HD channel.

Nice to see that they are striving to improve. Looking forward to see what the Jynxbox Team has in-store for this box.

scooby8888
09-01-2012, 01:14 AM
i've had my box for a few weeks now what an improvement in the newest bin, if this is how the support is going to be it will be a great product and only get better.
the main thing i'd like to see is the streaming from pc like the ps3 does without the freezing of coarse.
another great feature and i'm surprised nobody has come out with if if its possible is putting a better sat finder option on it kinda like the one you can download on your iphone that looks sweet just something easier to find the sats.
and a better pvr function
thanks for the chance to voice our opinions.

lolipop
09-01-2012, 01:58 AM
I have been using fta since 2005 and bought different boxes. This is the first box that seems promising by its credentials and support. The open minded support asking for suggestions! Wow! Never seen this before. Now I feel proud that I choose this receiver.
The function I most like to be improved on my list are:
1. Remote fluidity like viewsat.
2. EPG like viewsat - even only 24 Hours. Having user sorting options in fav channels group as available in viewsat.
3. Dual tuner with pvr for p$ channel. Picture in picture and time shift play.

Anything else will be bonus like network connections to internet and home computers. Access to youtube, netflex, browsing, home desktop shared media files.
One more thing in aspect ratio include 16:10.
Thanks for asking suggestions.

dfillpot
09-01-2012, 03:17 AM
This box looks great judging from the discriptions in this forum. Since we are working on ideas, I would like to see the new firmware recognize a USB DVD burner and be able to burn directly to the drive. Another suggestion would be to have the box do automatic tp update scans and produce a report with channel changes. Finally a screen saver while listenning to music channels would be nice. Thanks for the opportunity to win one of these receivers.

Nealziedan
09-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Jynxbox new firmware suggestions:

1. Dual Tuner- This by itself will catch many peoples eyes(needed to record 1 channel while watching another and/or being able to watch 2 different channels on two different tvs.

2. TV Signal Tp/Resolution- Being able to see what resolution the channel is playing while changing channels would be nice as well as having all the satellite tps in satellite search while scanning displaying if that is an sd or hd channel.

3. Server- Being able to switch to different servers flawlessly while displaying if you are connected and to which server you are connected to.
thumbsup::comfort1::yes::yeaah::clap1::pickme::woo hoo:

Teamwork000
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
1) Contiunation of the excellent support from Jynxbox coders...
2) Continuation of the excellent support from Satfix staff...
3) Continuation of the excellent adoption and reasonable expectations of this box from the members of Satfix...

Everything else will follow if these 3 steps are followed.... :thumbsup:

Proof is in the number of updates brought to us allready....

isat
09-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't have one but I'll post what most user requirement is need when purchasing a new box, this is comparing to other fta boxes.
1) Any receiver file must be backward compatible when loading new files to receiver. Some receiver wont work with the new files but it will with old.
2) After looking the back view of the JynxBox Ultra, I see a serial com port is female. Usually the FTA receiver comes with male serial com port. This will require extra cost for buying new serial cable.
3) Channel search by different categories (sports, movies, news, religious, Kids, Adult) is most important function user will look for it. And at the same time the EPG must be available for minimum of 1 day of programing.

scifiguy
09-02-2012, 12:50 AM
OK, I am posting again cause this is a mo betta idea...

Jynxbox is capable of dual tuners so why not make it a real dual receiver just like some of the provider boxes. Make server slots for tuner 1 and separate ones for tuner 2. Let user select tuner 1 or tuner 2 goes to the video/R/L and component outputs on the back panel. No other receiver on the market ever pulled that off. It would make the Jynx a real standout. It would sell a boatload of extra tuners. Same with the PVR functions. Let the user select which tuner to record. All I can say is WOW! Now that would knock peoples' socks off. I know that I would sure be lining up to buy the 2nd tuner if they pull this off. I can buy any number of slick HD media boxes (Jynx Android for example) and hook them up to my 2nd 3rd or 4th HDMI input but where else would I buy a REAL dual receiver with PVR? And why would you even want to make 2 totally competing products when you could simply sell 2 products that were totally complementary?

Nos, If you need to pitch out my previous post, I would think that would be fair.

Higher
09-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I dont have jynxbox ultra HDso i cant know if it has these options already. But things i would like to see is

1. a Category button that will show which movies /sports/kids
2. better remote response
3.Ability to add transporter list to jynxbox ultra HD, and scan for channels from it

free reign
09-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Software picture improvement quality like 3d capability.
Cooler running software recognition on hardware components.
Faster response time for recording, remote, and overall performance of the jynxbox.

kingoffighter
09-02-2012, 05:55 PM
This is one of the best box here
I would love to see if team add android play store or market like windows or apple store so we could download free apps ...ect
I also love to see if team make this box to manually add streams from internet. If iks down we can watch through internet streams instead of computer.
Also, i would love to see if team add feature like xbox or playstation so we can play games or share files with eachother through this box.
I am not sure if these r posible with this box or make sense but i love to see these features if team could add. Anyhow this one of the best box i am willing to get after satzen. Thank you very much team jynxbox. Kof

c8rbk1ng
09-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I too am at a disadvantage as I don't have access to this box to test. The box has so much already on it that it's difficult to think of anything that would improve it. Adding an internal fan to aid with any heating issues it may have would be 1 thing I'd like to see. Also, being able to adjust and customize every aspect of the viewing experience (video, audio, gui etc.) with more than 2 or 3 choices to make the box truly "your own". The capability to scan all the sats you choose all at once (and not one at a time) would be nice. Displaying the signal and quality meter on the info screen instead of having to go into the menu would be another good choice. Lastly, being able to turn on my lights and opening my garage door when coming home (device remote) would be excellent! (Only kidding :) but it would be a unique quality to have and a feature no other FTA box would have. You would set the standard!!!!)

bobbobby
09-02-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm in for this

1. while recording, be able to watch another channel on same TP
2. Add home streaming .
3. Dual tuner with UHF Remote
4. solid 9 day epg with no dropouts

A bin for direct tv ...hey I can only dream

folcan99
09-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Ok well, here it goes

1. Id like to see a Web Cam attached to the unit

2. Be able to connect with your cell phone through wifi.

3. Able to Upload software without USB or Seriel Cable like the nfusion used to do.

4me2c
09-03-2012, 01:48 AM
I have not seen one yet in Me area,
(1)but would like an extra fan in the STB to push the hot air out as I have noticed other STB's don't have this feature.
(2)Would like to see a OTA capable STB also.
(3)Would like a picture better than the one in 4me's avatar...!
Thanks for this opportunity and Contest, Never Win, but Love to Enter...!

SoS
09-03-2012, 02:26 AM
I think with the second tuner we should be able to have picture in picture
With wireless n card browse the Internet
Long lasting support!

djwyze
09-03-2012, 04:27 AM
jynxbox is heading to the top of line. i would like to see wifi built in and functional out of the box. wireless internet is a basic essential function as well as upnp for nas drives. keep doing the good work and ill get one of the jynx android boxes as well.

isat
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Here are my other suggestion that I would like to see in the future Jynxbox's firmware release:
1) If possible, please implement YouTube streaming through new firmware. By doing this people will enjoy YouTube videos on the TV even if IKS goes down forever. This will make Jynxbox compare to Smart TV, just having the Jynxbox receiver connecting to any old TV.
2) Add website streaming function. For example: Instead of watching live streaming from PC. Add this function, so people can just enter the streaming website and it will start streaming from the Jynxbox receiver.
3) Connect Jynxbox receiver's menu settings through web browser like router. So people can check their actual settings and setup a new settings without using the remote. Or update new firmwares or files directly from the PC (via internet, do not use USB key or serial cable).

TSYA
09-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Not so much a firmware upgrade but a hardware upgrade. There have been many HD units introduced the suffered overheating issues - since the Jynxbox is one that allows for module upgrades hardware wise - why not implement fan modules. Depending on how much tolerance you have for fan noise, you can add 1, 2 or 3 fans without the need to butcher the box like all the other HD STB's. Other than that, another nice implementation is for it to get you beer.

Conetech
09-04-2012, 03:50 AM
I think the Jynxbox should be able to be designated unit 1 or unit 2 etc. in case you have two of these units in a cabinet.
I too want a category selection so you can sort by movie, sports, series etc.
I would like the category screen be able to look ahead time wise, in the schedule as well.

sameold
09-04-2012, 04:35 AM
built-in wireless
one button auto set-up(search for switches and automatic scan to all available sats)
uhf remote control(when dual-tuner available) to change channels from second room

xayoz
09-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I would like to see Netflix access. It could be done either by an app or some kind of vpn/home streaming thing. Either way, it would be a great thing to have I think.

Crazy Carl
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Not an owner of the box yet but have done my fair share of research on it, it is a powerful box with a lot of promise, the bins released so far have been revised well and have provided many new testers with what the fta game is all about and that is testing. Things that I have picked up on that I would and I'm sure others would like to see is:

1. The lift on the pvr restriction, I find this a rather oddand have never seen it in a unit before being able to copy the files over to your computer and be able able to watch them or copy or burn them is what current pvr s can do seeing this would be a large benefit.

2. Proper channel scans and although many of these issues are user related there is responsibility on the coders as well, many people have issues with failed tp's or improper name issues. For that matter a simple rename channel would be suffice.

3. The availability of the dual turner and the OTA module as well as the wireless add on option, far to many times have manufactures dogged out of the modules and stateing they will eventually come but never do, as a newer company in NA coming with these promised add ons, I hope that they do indeed surface and that the proper code is written for there activity.

I'm not one into much of the other stuff mentioned as far as apps or streaming from various sites because I believe this to already be available to the general market ans that will be available via your android box soon to be released. Hope this helps fella's take care and happy testing

Cimmel1
09-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Currently using a DLHd but I like the features that jynxbox has to offer. I would like to see Netflix capability, The ability to stream live feeds off of websites and also to be able to network with my pc to stream music and video. The jynxbox already has more features than my current box but these additional ones would definitely make the upgrade worthwhile for me and eliminate the need for an external media center. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to see what this box is truly capable of.

dslchome
09-05-2012, 02:46 AM
I do not have this box, however have seen it in action I would like to see it able to put 4 ports in the P$ area, Seems like people get confused and feel they must have 5 digits and then they must put a ZERO in the front of the port in order for it to work. I know its no big deal however lots of even the most experienced users get confused.

Also update via Etherent would be cool, to be able to update bins via the ethernet port like the Neosats did back in the day. However that is a stretch.

Or to be able to click update and have the weather for your area shown, sorta like the Nfsuion unit had. Yes I know its not a big deal but some people did like it.

Well that is 3.

However this box is loaded from what I saw....

Great job so far.

Sat-Warrior
09-06-2012, 03:09 AM
I don't have the box but here are some of the features that I would like to see in a box:

1) 7.1 Audio Support;
2) Media Streaming Support. I have a couple of media players and there is no reason that an FTA box couldn't work as a media player;
3) OTA. I would never buy a box that doesn't have OTA to get me through the times that my p$ is down;
4) True PVR Controls. With my cable box I when I'm setting a program to record I can do a one off recording, weekly recording or series recording. I have the option to start the recording "On Time" or from 1 - 15 minutes early. I can also finish it "On Time" or from 1-15 minutes late. I also have a "sports event" feature that will allow recording for a half hour extra beyond the scheduled time in case the event runs into over time. And true scan/rewind features;
5) Dual/Triple Tuner to allow me to record multiple channels at the same time, not just on the same TP, but from any TP;
6) NTFS Drive support so I don't have one recording broken into multiple pieces.. This is particularly annoying for HD OTA recordings
7) Ability to put in P$ info so you don't need an external program like NOI. Noi is great, but I'd like to be able to turn off the computer once in a while;
8) HDMI 1.4 compatible.

That's about it for now.

jalenrose
09-06-2012, 06:53 AM
would like the scanning issue fixed.
if i can't get the numbers on all tps and in order, then i can't enjoy the box.
also PVR functions needed fixed, u should be able to schedule from EPG and the recording should stop within the scheduled time, no continue on and on like the nanosat.

millennium23
09-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Would like to see auto tp means no scanning so updates on channels will be there.
Since its dual tuner AtSC option its great for locals hd channel.
support for all video and audio programming like acc audio ac3 etc ...

xayoz
09-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I would like to see a function built in something like "slingbox". That way it would be possible to log into the box and watch programming while away from home on a smartphone like iphone and android. It would also be good to be able to set pvr remotely. And of course, to be able to access networked materials from the receiver (watch an avi from pc on the receiver over the home network).