PDA

View Full Version : which led or plasama tv better

niceguy
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
time to dump my old sony tv bought in 10 years ago. i have plan to buy led or plasam tv about 50 to 55 inch. plan to spend about maximum 1500 bucks if anybody have any suggestion please post thanks. also anybody know which company is best sony ,LG or samsung something else

Sizmasta
09-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Sharp has great tv's for your buck IMO

Don't buy a plasma, they are phasing them out... LED is the latest and greatest

blackwater
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't know about this supposed death knell of plasmas. Certainly the first I've heard of it. Plasmas still are better able to handle rapid motion, respond better in variable light conditions, and don't restrict viewing angles. LED and LCDs have gotten much better in recent times but a good plasma still has the best picture. High end Panasonics are some of the best.

Terryl
09-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I would go with a Samsung, but what to get is up to your eyes.

Go down to a big electronic outlet store, like Best Buy or some other place that carries several different brands, and look them over (resist the salesman's push to one brand) some like one brand or model, and some go the other way.

It all depends on the viewer, and the location the set is going to placed in, a large room with seating all around would need a wide viewing angle, a dark room with frontal seating would take another.

So what you would get would be really up to you.

If you can find one, I would go to a home theater store or a place that has one, they can adjust the room lighting and seating (some can) to try and match yours.

zoogor
09-06-2012, 05:18 PM
i recently bought a 32 inch lg lcd and im very impressed with it coupled with a hd receiver. good price on lg as well

niceguy
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
finally come down to 2 tv's cost about 1500 bucks two choices are LG - 55" Class - LED - 1080p - 240Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV 55LM7600 with LG - Smart 3D Wi-Fi Built-In Blu-ray Player BP620 and LG - Cinema 3D Glasses AG-F310 my other choice is Sharp - AQUOS - 60" Class - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV what you guys think

bandit2804
09-07-2012, 11:07 AM
i love my 55 inch toshiba led --no complaints and it blows away everyone that sees it for the first time--which i was when i first seen it in the store---knew i had to buy it!

akili
09-07-2012, 11:15 AM
LCD’s use between 2-4 times less energy than plasma TV’s do, Go Green

satelbum
10-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Anytime you buy electronics think about what you want them to do or how you want to use them.
Plasma will give you a superior picture as it is the only tv that offers true black. Thus giving it a much
sharper and crisper picture. However it uses more power than LCD or LED.
All other tv's combine colors to make black so the picture quality will never be quite as good.
The LED tv's use the least amount of power and probably last longer than all others.
So it really depends on what you want and expect. Some want great picture some are more interested
in sound and inputs and still others want future applications available. :noidea:

polar bear1973
10-14-2012, 10:36 AM
if you have kids buy plasma a lot tougher . led or lcd break easy